Iron Man Mark IV & VI Upper Thigh Part Pattern

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by roy, May 16, 2012.

1. roy

roy Member

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. jamesrickards

jamesrickards Member

Awesome photos and really awesome detail - thanks for your inspirational suite!

I want one - so im building one!

Cheers Roy

3. Davence

Davence Guest

love how u accomplished this

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  4. bobafettsslave1

bobafettsslave1 Active Member

Excellent work this will help a lot of guys out.

5. Shakeitdavey

Shakeitdavey Well-Known Member

Cheers for this mate. I was looking for just the card version of this but i'm sure it won't be too hard to work round it.

Cheers again

6. Genises

Genises Active Member

err... how exactly do i scale this to my current armor, i'm in the midst of a mark 4 and i scaled it to 23.3 and everything so far fits perfectly (thank god) i would like the train to continue...

7. Genises

Genises Active Member

bumpity bump... i was hoping to make this tonight :p

8. Ciano930

Ciano930 Well-Known Member

now thats awesome! i need to be able dance so mobility is essential!

Cheers!!

9. vincent228

vincent228 Active Member

is there a pdo or obj file for this ? forgive me. but im a noob and in the middlw of the mark 4 build and would love to add those peices, but have no idea where to start.

10. mark0017

mark0017 Well-Known Member

Excellent work on the thigh additions Roy...i will be borrowing your plans to finish up my suit:)

11. FU1212Y

FU1212Y New Member

My thighs are complete. Then I saw your Hip piece that goes above it.
    Awesome. I have tried everywhere to get peps for this. I am guessing you did not use Pepakura for this build. I could really do with a copy of the one you designed. Perfect makes things easy in life but life itself is Perfect. So why change it. Whoops I ranted on a bit there. Need to lay of the pills. LOL

12. ironmaided

ironmaided Sr Member

wow. . i missed this thread. . .great idea

13. SOUTHPAW

SOUTHPAW Well-Known Member

This. Is. Awesome!!!!

14. Roadliner

Roadliner New Member

first off.. this build is AMAZING!! and the last post I looked at before I decided I have to do this... now to add this project to my normal wood working, building my niece's doll house, target shooting, and brewing beer lol.

but for a newbie ? (I know.. newbies suck) How much money am I looking at (american dollars) to build a foam costume like this. Just looking for approx here as I'm trying to sell it to the wife who is not a nerd like me lol. i do plan on covering most of the foam in plastic, and will eventually add several servos to create moving parts as I move on, but mostly I'm wanting to get the main outfit first.. then move on to making it ridiculous! :)

15. Dynofiend

Dynofiend Well-Known Member

Totally depends what route you go. Plastic coating will be one of the more expensive ways of getting a foam suit. You are really limited by what foam and paint you can get locally, or what you chose to order in. Its not hard to find out what the costs of this foam and paint will be if you have a sniff around your local stores :)

16. Jjaysavaloi

Jjaysavaloi Active Member

awesome job :)..what about the back of the tops?, near the backside? :)