Iron Man Mark 45 3D Modeling

11193179_630056353797447_717201699_n.jpg

concept art to iron man mk46 (captain america: civil war).
looks familiar to the mk45.

Hey guys, I need to work something out with the model before i release it to the community. There is no bottom to the boot as I intended to mount the model to my shoe so it would be easier to walk around cons. If that isn't a problem then i can release the files. I will also have to lower the poly count for printing which will be my next step.
Not sure about doing a pep file but i have made them before so it would just come down to time.
I'm now just getting into the iron man cosplay, but what are the ways I can make the suit and the pieces to the suit also?

I'm now just getting into the iron man cosplay, but what are the ways I can make the suit and the pieces to the suit also?

If you're just starting out i would use EVA foam with is very easy to work with. you just need the foam, heat gun, hot glue and sharp blades.
If you're feeling like you could take on a bit more, then 3D printing is quite fun but you would need files of the armor and a printer plus lots and lots of sandpaper and time oh and bondo.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you model in? I use Solidworks for tech stuff like this and I use mudbox for organic forms.

I make my base shapes in Maya and do all the detail in Zbrush 4R7.

If you're just starting out i would use EVA foam with is very easy to work with. you just need the foam, heat gun, hot glue and sharp blades.
If you're feeling like you could take on a bit more, then 3D printing is quite fun but you would need files of the armor and a printer plus lots and lots of sandpaper and time oh and bondo.

- - - Updated - - -

if I have unfold files for the armor how do I make the armor out of EVA foam?

- - - Updated - - -

How do you like 4R7? I havent tried it, was thinking about giving it a shot.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back