Iron Man arc reactor mark 3

thanks again fellas....

Here I'm working on the back side of the arc. I've added a plate to the ring that holds the LEDs. The part with the five rings will sit in the middle.
arc8001.jpg
arc8002.jpg

The backside of the added plate will have all the LED wires so I've made a cap to close off the unit.
arc8004.jpg
arc8003.jpg

So here are the parts in resin. Bottom cap, LED holder, rings assembly, and a clear ring (sanded on both sides to diffuse the light).
arc10001.jpg

The ring assembly with mesh.
arc10010.jpg
arc10011.jpg
arc10012.jpg

And with the bottom cap.
arc10003.jpg
arc10004.jpg

Wow, you work quickly! And the attention to detail is tremendous. You're going to have yourself a great arc reactor :thumbsup

Here's my last light test before I paint the unit. 1st pic is with one side of the clear ring sanded/frosted. And the 2nd pic with both sides frosted (will definitely go with this one). Last pic with the front held in place. Still have to do the center light but now it's time to prime and paint.
arc10016.jpg
arc10017.jpg
arc10018.jpg

OK, I think I'm in the home stretch now that I have the LEDs finished. Pics of the bottom unit with all the LEDs tucked in place and lit.

arc11001.jpg
arc11002.jpg
arc11003.jpg

Parts coming together but still have some things to do to finish it off. Thanks again for looking!

arc11006.jpg
arc11015.jpg
arc11011.jpg

Thanks again guys and here's a small update. Glued the diffuser ring to the front assembly with 5 mins epoxy. Did not want to use superglue as it might come into contact with the clear ring and cause it to haze.
arc13001.jpg

And here it is in Finhead's torso. Will have to come up with a way to securely mount it to the chest.

arc13007.jpg
arc13006.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back