Unlimited Run Iron Giant Bolt/Screw kit w/ electronic light and sound

Use to cleaning rust of things not adding :D So it’s a Dirt and Rust look. I made a 3D display, still waiting on the plaque forever lol. So I will show it off why not… Like / Dislike :devil

More pics dont want to pollute here: :) http://www.therpf.com

th_Iron%20Giant%20Bolt%20video2_zpskaimgzcu.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get the glass case for this? It fits perfectly, and I'd love to install mine that way.

I got it at a Hobby Lobby arts and crafts store here in my neck of the woods (Oklahoma). But I am sure if you go to any well supplied arts and crafts store you wind a similar case. I believe they are suppose to be for small dolls (the doll house area is where i found it) the base was a natural stained wood that I painted black and clear coated the crap out of. The little piece that the screw/bolt fits in was a wooden decorative piece I super glued in place prior to painting.

Hope that helps

BRian

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like THIS or THIS may be pretty close.

Yes good eye that is it! But I painted mine black. You just have to watch the height as well as the diameter.

Brian

All put together minus the cap and led covers. Going to separate the top area color a little more, but you can kind of see it right now. Also adding some rust.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Man that looks slick. Really well done. One thing you may want to think about is painting the lens cavities a lighter color to help defuse the light and prevent the lip from showing through the lens.

Weathering and led lenses. Painted the back of the lenses with clear blue Tamiya. Dry brushed silver overall, and light rust wash in corners. Lightened up top section silver.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

20160918_221330.jpg Finished! I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum and justice91423. This was the first garage kit I ever made, and even though I had some questions and some trouble, I was able to always find help This kit gave me an excuse to learn how to solder and work with electronics. This piece will sit proudly in my room. Now that I have been introduced into prop making, there is no turning back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back