Unlimited Run Iron Giant Bolt/Screw kit w/ electronic light and sound

justice91423

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi

I'm doing another run of the Iron Giant Screw Kit.

This will be version 3 of the kit.

Improvements over version 2:

• Vacuum casting for improved detail and less imperfections.
  • Improved cavity in the tip for a more solid and centered connection to the switch
  • Improved magnet cavities on the cap

I expect the run to take 4 to 6 weeks to complete depending on volume.

There are two versions of the kit. The static version, and the version with the electronic.
  1. The static version includes 4 main resin pieces (Head, spiral, tip, and cap), copper pipe (center core) and clear lenses
  2. The version w/ electronics also includes 3 blue LEDs, speaker, batteries, switch, schematics, magnets (to attach the cap), and per-programmed micro controller. (soldering required)

Pre-order price for the static kit is $79.95. The addition of the electronics is $10.

Shipping is $10 (per order) in the US. Additional cost for International.

Order HERE

See Adam Savage assembling the kit here:
https://youtu.be/3KpdjGlHB30

Here is a collection of videos I've made on the last versions

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLijNv5J93_GhljOokg0k7M4wDilQkXLNW

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I've had this sitting on my shelf as long as Adam Savage... what weird timing for all of this. I JUST pulled it out to get going on it literally 2 days ago.

Then today I see the "Tested" build.

I TOTALLY forgot this kit has sound!

Honestly I'm a little shocked at how messy the "cartoony" paint job was... expect better from them!

Anyway, great kit! good luck!

I've had this sitting on my shelf as long as Adam Savage... what weird timing for all of this. I JUST pulled it out to get going on it literally 2 days ago.

Then today I see the "Tested" build.

I TOTALLY forgot this kit has sound!

Honestly I'm a little shocked at how messy the "cartoony" paint job was... expect better from them!

Anyway, great kit! good luck!

Crazy, right? Imagine my shock when I went to Youtube and see my kit on the front page. I hope you'll post some pictures or video of yours when it's done.

Thanks for doing another run. I literally watched the movie again with my 4 year old son two days ago and thought that this would make a great prop.

Just saw the tested video of Adam assembling your kit. Thought it would make a neat piece to have but what are the chances of finding one since Adam stated he had his for 5 years on a shelf. So a big thank you for creating another run of a great looking and sounding kit. My payment is on the way. Can't wait to get my own together.

I am so glad you are doing another run. I've been following Tested for a while and The Iron Giant was one of my favorite movies. As soon as I saw the video the frantic google search began!! Exited for this to be pretty on my shelf and thank you Justice for making this fantastic kit!

I came to this forum (like many others) after I saw the tested video. I've been a long time RPF user, but this is the first project I'm ready to put money up for! However, when I go to the sale link above I get a "failed to open page". Am I missing something? I'd like to get in on the pre-order before this weekend. Thanks!

I came to this forum (like many others) after I saw the tested video. I've been a long time RPF user, but this is the first project I'm ready to put money up for! However, when I go to the sale link above I get a "failed to open page". Am I missing something? I'd like to get in on the pre-order before this weekend. Thanks!

Never mind, must have been a website hiccup. Placed an order. Can't wait!!

Any way we could get a schematic for the electronics, or could you just sell the electronics? I happen to own a 3D printer but not too good at circuitry.

Just to be clear, is there any deadline on having to Order this kit? It says 4-6 weeks to complete, but is that how long you'll be doing this run, or how long it'll take for you to start shipping them out?

Any way we could get a schematic for the electronics, or could you just sell the electronics? I happen to own a 3D printer but not too good at circuitry.

Sure, I can sell you the electronics by itself for $10. PM me and we'll work out the details

Just to be clear, is there any deadline on having to Order this kit? It says 4-6 weeks to complete, but is that how long you'll be doing this run, or how long it'll take for you to start shipping them out?

That's how long I'm estimating it will take to finish the kits and get them shipped. If I can get them done sooner if I can, but I want to re-master one of the parts and Shapeways isn't always very fast.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to have an electronics kit if possible.

Sure, I can sell you the electronics by itself for $10. PM me and we'll work out the details

Any chance for an option with finished electronics? Im not great at soldering tiny spots..

I could send you the electronic components pre-wired for an extra charge ($25). Then you could install them in the kit during assembly. But the points are not especially small. If you take a little time, you won't find it all that difficult to do yourself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back