Iracel's Definitive Classic Spiderman

Absolutely gorgeous. I love seeing how you've refined your techniques and keep improving and adjusting them.

Thank you. I don't have computors or advanced technology like the movies but I do my best. Just a teenager in a room.

So, Back Spider. Done. Went with the same that I did before, all classic and huge.

cNroKHvl.jpg

Even with the handdone screen printing, the surface is a bit uneven. But whatever, mane. i also re did the front spider, so it has two layers. Makes it more smooth and pronounced from the webs. Oh, what I'm going for in this costume is to be all bright and friendly. And classic, hence the underarm netting. And to make me look RIPPED. AHHH!!! Sorry. Ahem. Now, the lstuff will look different when completely cured, which will take a little bit. So this isn't even what it will look like, in it's true form.

Beast skills engaged. I don't know why I ever stopped using this zipper after the Black widow spiderman costume (I guess cuz that one kept breaking/splitting, because I was dumb enough to spray paint it.) It's not visible to people if you don't point it out. It's only one simple zipper, unlike the complicated four way zipper I was trying to pull off. That caused a lot of stress. And it doesn't hinder my movement at all. The only thing is it takes a bit of shoulder flexibility to zip up, which is fine for me (and Spiderman, cuz, you know, he's basically made of rubber bands) but I can get into it in under a minute. Clearly I'm excited, but can you see it here?

ZAGFCHvl.jpg

Okay, yeah, probably. But I haven't painted everything yet.
Here's a close up.

F1iYkdal.jpg

It's going well. About to paint all of the back tonight. Oh, and here's a little thing.

1ldetiBl.jpg

Really just trying to get into that perfect spiderman shape, namsayin? Maybe become Miles Morales if he ever pops up in the cinematic universe. That'd be nice. Really nice.

Thanks, guys. :p If only there were a way to shrink wrap spandex to your skin so you can really look like a comic hero.

So, I did all this muscle shading on the blue, but I did something different with the pattern. Instead of just laying it on, I contoured it to the shapes of the muscles. Perhaps it'll be more distinct, but I made the mapping a bit subtle, so maybe you can't tell. On the legs, especially the glutes, it should be way more obvious, with how large those muscles are versus the smaller more numerous muscles in the upper body.

And you can probably see the difference in blue parts between the blue seam lines. The black parts are tight hexagons while the lighter black that reflects blueish is bigger, elongated hexagons. This should add a huge slimming effect to the costume.

lz7BWqVl.jpg

7Mpbkljl.jpg

sDpUCCdl.jpg

JmPrNkGl.jpg

FLWPuuLl.jpg

Thank you everyone. I realized that I didn't even post a picture of the front. :eek: here here

QVJMiAGl.jpg

So. I bought a silver motorcycle visor and it's incredibly hard to cut through. But i figured it'd be good for the lenses, since it's anti fog proof and I could theoretically make the lenses much larger and more curved than sunglasses would allow. This turns out to not work exactly as planned, because these lenses aren't as curved after cutting them out of the visor. And it's impossible to bend them. Impossible. At least without destroying the surface and thus ruining my vision. But hey, I'm trying. I think I may have two masks with different lenses just to switch out. :p

HEiAOVil.jpg

Here's to hoping it works out.

Hey there. How are things? I apologize for the the large update gaps. But now I'm here. let's not dwell on the past, baby. Look at these legs. I hear that the new Marvel Spiderman will look just like this.

VNbCF1gl.jpg

Here is a close up picture of the contrasting patterns.

uL7Ou33l.jpg

I've been hard at work kinda. This batch of latex has a bunch of solid chunks that keep clogging up the nozzle so progress has been remarkably slow. And frustrating. Now, Imgur is messing up, so I can't upload the picture of the mask so far. You kids must wait. :0 I know you're totally not used to that at all.

Ok, can you tell me where you bought the material?

What size dimensions is your spider ?

I just got it from Amazon for $10. It's usally $18.

So, I hate this a bunch. The black paint mixture decided that it should get chunky, which is awful for multiple reasons. 1. I have to use a bigger nozzle, and thus the pattern doesn't look as fine as it should, especially since I did 75% of the black pattern on the costume with a smaller nozzle. 2. I have to use this bigger nozzle, because the smaller one got clogged a lot. Like, every couple of hexagons, I had to take it off and use a needle to push the chunks out. Problem is, that still kept happening on this one too. 3. Now there are many blobs on the pattern where a chunk pushed out with the liquid and got everywhere. Not to mention just painting took 3x as long as usual, which isn't ideal when the convention is this weekend. See for yourself.

8k5tt4yl.jpg

Look at them. Look at them really hard. Feel how I feel. I'm going to try to peel them off after it dries enough but not completely. Then redo the pattern.

uQHY6c6l.jpg

And heere is a preview of how the eyes will look on the new Marvel Spiderman costume.

MdYUDyRl.jpg

Iracel did you try sieving the paint through a sieve? That might hold the chunks in your mixture and you'd have a smoother paint. Those eyes look great man

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back