Interest INT: Accurately sized Darth Vader mannequins

dday

Sr Member
Hi all,
I’m gearing up to offer a fully accurate Darth Vader sized and articulated mannequin to the community.
Right now I’m working with the manufacturer in sorting the details to get the custom sculpt made.

The base mannequin will be made to this set of measurements:
Height: 198cm
Neck To Floor: 69" (~175.26 cm)
Back Neck To Hip: seated 30.5" (~77.47 cm)
Torso Length: neck front to neck back through crotch 72" (~182.88 cm)
Shoulders across back 19.5" (~49.53 cm)
Chest: 45.5" (~115.57 cm)
Upper Chest: 47" (~119.38 cm)
Under Chest: 41.5" (~105.41 cm)
Waist: 40" (~101.60 cm)
Hips: 46.5" (~118.11)
Armseye: 27" (~68.58 cm)
Bicep: 17" (~43.18 cm)
Elbow" 14.5" (~36.83 cm)
Forearm: 14.5" (~36.83 cm)
Wrist: 10.5" (~26.67 cm)
Sleeve shoulder to wrist 27.75" (~70.49 cm)
Shoulder To Elbow: 14.75" (~37.47 cm)
Shoulder To Finger Tip: 35.5" (~90.17 cm)
Underarm To Wrist: 18.5" (~46.99 cm)
Underarm To Elbow: 6.5" (~16.51 cm)
Inseam To Ankle: 31" (~78.74 cm)
Inseam To Floor: 36" (~91.44 cm)
Outseam To Ankle: 45.5" (~115.57 cm)
Outseam To Floor: 49.25" (~125.10 cm)
Knee To Ankle: 18.5" (~46.99 cm)
Knee To Floor: 22.5" (~57.15 cm)
Rise: waist front to waist back through crotch 35" (~88.90 cm)
Thigh: 27.5" (~69.85 cm)

The body will be a rigid fiberglass mannequin. This is to ensure that you have a good solid base to hold the weight of this costume. Like your standard mannequin they will come apart at the waist and 1 leg and both arms. This will help keep packaging from getting too large.

The feet will detach at the ankle and lock in place so that you have an easy time getting your boots on without having to drill any holes in the boots.

The head will be an egg shaped non-detailed head. This will make putting on and off the helmet much easier so you don’t have to cut off the nose or chin.

The arms will be articulated like real arms. They will have a 360 rotation at the shoulder, standard elbow range of motion, 360 wrist and 3 joint fingers (2 on the thumb). They will either be fiberglass or wood, but will be sized with the ability to take on any pose the human body can take. The joints will be strong enough to hold their position without slipping over time, to include while holding a standard weight metal lightsaber.

Unfortunately I do not have any photos right now as this is still in the concept phase and the manufacturer has not begun sculpting the body yet.
In order to get these made to the custom specifications and ability, there is a considerable investment required and to those ends, I’m using the interest thread to gauge who would be interested in buying one of these.

The best I have is a mockup:

mannequin%20mockup_zpsepz13uuv.png

This is a pure interest thread, no funds involved, no financial commitment. My partner and I (Jim Sauter of TK Products LLC) need to understand the demand before we put down the funds to get the company started on creating these.

These will be made available in the USA through Jim and his website (voicebooster.com) and in Europe through me. Right now though, I just need your interest call and if you are USA or Europe.

This list will be posted in 3 locations (in no particular order):
The SLD, the RPF, and the FISD. The interest list on each of the 3 websites will only reflect the interest from that forum and I will collect the combined information separately.

Price looks to be 450Euros each.

INTEREST:
Heisenberg07
warrenhouck
clutch
tom1971
chalback
reel fakes
odiwan 71
ataru1971ita
Droids Inc.
Darth Niob
ramphastid
darth whitey

Last edited:
I realize now I failed to add the estimated pricing.

It looks to be 450 Euros each, which for what we're getting is a pretty outstanding price.

These vader mannequin threads pop up every so often. I've never seen one follow through to completion. If this can be done for this price, I'd be interested.

These vader mannequin threads pop up every so often. I've never seen one follow through to completion. If this can be done for this price, I'd be interested.

What is shipping for U.S.??

Clutch, I'm going to follow through. I've already got the manufacturer on the line, we're been discussing details and I know I can do it and do it right.

Shipping within Europe is about 30 Euros, Orders in the USA are handled by Jim of www.voicebooster.com and will also be very reasonable. I'm not sure about canada and anything outside of the USA and Europe. I will have to wait to see the box size to get a better idea of the cost but it will be in this range for all locations.

Supa dupa interested and You know You should have warned me about this!!!:rolleyes:behave
But I forgive You!!:angel:lol:D:lol

Can't wait for mine!!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

Thanks guys! I've put you down.

Ataru, I figured you would see the post and slap down your interest eventually.

I'm going to push the manufacturer to see about a digital mockup or something. Updates when I find them of course.

I've added you both to the interest listing.

I'm working on some details and then I will get the master prototype built. After this is done and I have some photos of the final product, you'll get a full set of photos and a video for sure!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back