Indiana Jones Winks At George Lucas [Pic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't talking to you (or about you) specifically, just in general.

There are always at least 2 paths in any situation, and all are a choice. In a situation like this one, if anyone let their wives come in and read this thread, while they might agree that no one did anything 'wrong' with what they said, they might think that a nicer approach could have provided a better outcome.

I understand what you're saying. I have sat by and watched the OP post thread after thread of just links without ever posting, this one I felt was just asinine. The fact that this image has been posted SEVERAL times in the other forums just confirmed that the OP never reads or contributes to the RPF, she just wants to post in the OT or EM forums. It's the same as double posting threads. I mean should it be find to have thread after thread of what is news to one person but not to the rest of us?

And I absolutely think you should be rude to someone, guy or girl, if they are mean, hateful, rude, disrespectful, cause trouble, etc....

I just don't see this as one of those situations.

This happens to me all the time. Someone I'm an acquaintance of finds out I'm into Star Wars. Then they say "Hey, did you know there was actually a little guy inside R2-D2 ? And they guy who wore the Darth Vader costume in the movie didn't actually do the voice, I heard it was a different guy" and so on.

Now, I could be rude toward them, let them know in no uncertain terms that I could run Star Wars fact and trivia circles around them, and make them feel bad for trying to tell a Star Wars 'expert' like me stuff I already know.

Or, I could take the other road. Smile. Listen to them. Wait until they finish their excited half of the conversation. And then I usually tell them how I first got into collection, started making props, and share a fact or two with them that they didn't know. Yeah, it's harder to stand there and hear stuff I already know, but why would I ever want to be rude to someone who is being nice to me, for no reason ? Someone who is excited about something that I enjoy. Someone who cares enough to take the time to make a connection with me about something that I like.

Karma. It's a good thing. Being rude is easy and it's a choice. Being nice is harder and it's also a choice. Sometimes it's 100% the right thing to be rude towards someone. I don't think this Thread is that situation.

But, that's just me. And no one really cares what I think anyways. So, carry on.

arsenio.gif

And I absolutely think you should be rude to someone, guy or girl, if they are mean, hateful, rude, disrespectful, cause trouble, etc....

I just don't see this as one of those situations.

Karma. It's a good thing. Being rude is easy and it's a choice. Being nice is harder and it's also a choice.

And I'm nice 99.99999% of the time. I just need to post .0000001% of rudeness every once in a while.

I don't even know what "butt hurt" is but I think I've seen it over in West Hollywood....:eek

You are just finding this out? This has been known for about 25 years. You do know that there are other forums than the OT, right?

25 years? Pshaw! PSHAW, I say! It was pointed out IN THE 1980 COLLECTOR'S MAGAZINE. :p

I never find it very gentlemanly to be rude to a girl, especially when her husband is a shared friend. Poor form. Especially if she is new to the circle of friends and doesn't know all the inside jokes. Always better to smile and be polite, sometimes it's the harder choice but it's the more mature one.

Indeed, old boy, indeed, well said! Here's a little something that lays out the proper standards, for both genders really:

How Women Should Act - YouTube

Women must by all means be protected from their tendencies to say things that might prompt any sort of contradiction or correction in public. Imagine the awkwardness!

First rule about RPF club is to not play something off you've been busted on. Pile-ons are legendary. Humility rolls off the board. I personally just let Brad finish, and give him a cookie.

They are winking all over the place. Here is a cool build thread too.

raiders-hieroglyphics2.jpg

r2glyph.jpg

Unfortunately it is a handful of the same users on RPF that immediately jump on all the new users and any of the repeat posts in the various sections.
F
It is no wonder why many new users to forums most of the times don't return. They truly feel like they are attacked mainly because they haven't been a member long enough to know the "mood" of the boards or who they need to ignore.

Shame to see people get attacked or even insulted or even have wise ass remarks made to their posts. Puts a damper on the board and gets the word out to avoid RPF. I've seen this happen on far too many forums.

And thank you MelMWells for posting something that hasn't been rehashed in awhile. With some many new users in recent months it is nice to see old info come back full circle.

Unfortunately it is a handful of the same users on RPF that immediately jump on all the new users and any of the repeat posts in the various sections.

It is no wonder why many new users to forums most of the times don't return. They truly feel like they are attacked mainly because they haven't been a member long enough to know the "mood" of the boards or who they need to ignore.

And it's always the same little group that rush to defend them.

:rolleyes Oh boy...If you don't like these handful of people, then don't comment and move along. By saying what you're saying, you are just as bad as all those horrible members.

I'll just happen to forget to invite you to the next prop party. That will save you the trouble of not having to indure me or my friends. :thumbsdown

I can give you "one" reason :lol

Well, I didnt know about this, so i learned something knew......and that made it all worth it

I didn't expect you to know about this anyway Michael...I mean you've only seen 2 movies in your life "The Rocketeer" and "The Care Bears Movie". :lol

Now I just like posting in this thread for no reason.

I didn't expect you to know about this anyway Michael...I mean you've only seen 2 movies in your life "The Rocketeer" and "The Care Bears Movie". :lol

Now I just like posting in this thread for no reason.

Looks like some-one needs to take advice from the Love-A-Lot Bear
:love

thHEART.gif

I like Mel M Wells, who I shall now call Mellem just because I feel like it. Granted, we've never spoken or anything, but she's a good looking girl who seems to like nerdy things at least to some degree.

So she didn't know 3po and R2 were in raiders? So whaaat? Everybody sees something for the first time, one time. No need for a pile on.

Also, if that's 'white knighting' as some people call it, so be it. I could use a good horse.

Also, R2 was in Star Trek apparently. And Goonies.

So maybe we need to separate the forum into a place for the "Big Boys" to hang out and a place for the rest of the people who don't feel they need to be obnoxious and throw their knowledge of top secret geek info (or anything else for that matter) in the faces of those who may have never heard the info or who don't care to correct everyone anytime they post.

MelMWells posted something she thought was cool so big deal. Some people come here to discuss movies and post threads with links to movie info. Should they be belittled because someone has a superiority complex? Should we separate those who build props and models from everyone else?

MelMWells please keep posting whatever you want to.

i didn't know this either :confused

Brad your just a bully and all round bad naughty boy, if there was a sin bin you should be sent to it :p

I had never seen it before, but I enjoy knowing it happened. I have never seen it before because Star Wars and Indiana Jones are both film series masterpieces that I haven't seen seen I was around the age of 11 or 12. (I am 26 now) so I don't follow anything about either film franchise. I do think that little nod from Indiana Jones to Star Wars was pretty awesome, but even if I had seen it 100 million times. (Which I haven't) I would not have the indecency to attack or belittle someone posting that they just discovered it. That makes no sense at all.

I continue to be amazed at all the lets attack the new members mentality that this forum has I see it constantly and to be honest I don't even really like coming here because almost everything that I post is treated in the same way. My wife won't become a member here because of the flaming and attacking. My question is why?

Why do senior members of a forum feel the need to express themselves negatively constantly to younger members who aren't doing any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back