Done / Completed Indiana Jones Raiders/Ravenwood Journal (blank)

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These are hand made by me. The pages are sewn, not just glued. Once the book is done I age the cover, the front and back pages, and the edges with sandpaper, espresso, and Fuller's Earth to get it nice and deserty. I leave the rest of the pages unaged to avoid warping, but you could do the rest of them easily. I use 7x10 executive paper for the pages (folded in half) so the final books measure about 7.25" x 5.25". If you're following the awesome diary kit that Walter offers (the Miller/Babich instructions), this is a little bigger than he recommends, but I think the size just looks and feels right. I can also do unweathered if you'd like. Just mention that below and I'll make a note of it.

Unlined pages: $45
Lined pages: $60

If you would prefer a smaller book I can do it with A5 sized paper as well, but I can't print the lines on that size.

Shipping in the US is included. Message me for prices outside of the US. I've shipped one to France and that was $25 so I imagine that's what it will be for most of Europe.

I am NOT asking for any money up front, this is just for me to keep this organized. Comment and I'll add you to the list. One I have enough people I'll order the paper and then as soon as one is ready, I'll just message the next person on the list. Just to keep it going, if I don't receive payment within 48 hours I'll skip that person and go to the next person (but I won't remove you from the list, you'll just get skipped this time around).

These are pics of my most recent one. Obviously weathering will be different on every one.

Good luck on your search for the Ark of the Covenant!

IMG_4703.jpeg

Update: More accurate lined paper:

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_4698.jpeg

IMG_4391.jpeg
Indiana_Jones_Raiders_Lost_Ark_Screenshot_1701.jpg

Signup list:

1. Kevin926 - Lined - SHIPPED
2. Luminescence_11 - SHIPPED
3. J_Dubbyah - SHIPPED
4. SWozniak -Lined SHIPPED
5. Dave P - SHIPPED
6. Shinema - SHIPPED
7. Dustin F - SHIPPED
8. MaverickFerg - SHIPPED
9. Mpops89 - SHIPPED
10. Propmaker3000 - SHIPPED
11. Pascal Kurosawa - SHIPPED
12. TomVDJ - Lined x 2 SHIPPED
13. Belloq - SHIPPED
14. Batmann539 - SHIPPED
15. Dixon K - SHIPPED
16. J_Dubbyah - SHIPPED
17. Awkyeoh - SHIPPED
18. Fallen21 - SHIPPED
19. Mal Reynolds x 2 lined (one executive, one A5) SHIPPED
20. Awkyeoh - lined (A5) SHIPPED
21. JW Foust - lined SHIPPED

Second Run:

1. Kitjunky - 1 x lined exec, 1 x unlined A5 - SHIPPED
2. Zac Brown - unlined (Instagram) - SHIPPED
3. DannyP91 - lined - SHIPPED
4. Matthew Gresham - lined - SHIPPED
5. KramStaar - lined - SHIPPED
6. Matt1 - lined - SHIPPED
7. Thex - lined
8. EdwardColl - lined
9. Sumrtym - lined
10. Stone the Master Barber (Instagram) - lined
11. DMExplorer - lined (unweathered)
12. Soloruben - lined
13. Draigas - lined
14. Tloeder - lined

I'm closing the run for the time being as I don't have much time to work on these anymore, but I do plan on offering them indefinitely. I may go back to what I was doing before and just put them in the Junkyard as I make them once this run is complete. I haven't decided yet. If there's a new surge in interest I may do a full on run again. As always though, no payment up front, I'll notify you when it's complete and you have 48 hours to respond, then I'll move to the next person if I don't hear from you. I feel like this is the most fair way to do this.

Attachments

• IMG_5182.jpeg
    IMG_5182.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited:
Quick update: I'm waiting for my paper to be delivered. Looks like it should hopefully be here this weekend. I was planing on getting 2 done this week, but my printer decided to be extra difficult when I was printing the lines for the second book so I was only able to complete the first one with what I have on hand before I ran out of paper. I pulled another printer out of my basement that I stopped using because it didn't print photos well and I'm hoping it will be a little better about printing the lines than the one I'm using right now.

I'm going to TRY to do the stages more in bunches rather than one at a time and see how it goes. So I may actually be able to get more than 2 done next week but we'll see.

This looks great. I’m not aware of the other kit, but is this one accurate to the original prop on screen in Harrison’s hands, or is this a slightly larger scale?

Is it maybe possible to get one book from you with more horzontal lines?

Pascal pointed out the 3 extra vertical lines on the pages which I missed because when I started making them I was just going off of the map room screens and forgot that he used it again outside. Does everybody want me to add those to the paper?

Indiana_Jones_Raiders_Lost_Ark_Screenshot_1701.jpeg

Edit:

I did a test print with the extra lines. It looks a bit much to me, especially if you're going to be filling it out as a story, but I can certainly do the extra lines if that's what everybody wants. I'd just prefer to do them all the same way if everybody can come to a consensus.

IMG_0003.jpeg

Last edited:
This looks great. I’m not aware of the other kit, but is this one accurate to the original prop on screen in Harrison’s hands, or is this a slightly larger scale?

It's in scale to the paper I could find and use in my printer, haha. I don't have access to a guillotine so I can really only go by paper sizes I can find pre-cut. I originally ordered A5 paper but that seemed way too small to me, then I found some B5 paper on Amazon, but it was way too thin and it's a hard size to find. So then I found the 7 x 10 executive and it seems about right to me in my hands. I have no idea what the original's dimensions were, so this may be slightly larger.

Good catch on the vertical lines! Its cool in that screengrap how the page actually has locations to use with the transit.
HD images are really showing us the missing pieces with our favourite films and their props

[...] I can certainly do the extra lines if that's what everybody wants. [...]
View attachment 1323057

Yes, please :) A more screen acurate prop is always a better prop. :D If you are doing this please put me on your list. :)

But the two most right lines in your test print shoud be less thick than the third row from right. You can see this better on the other screenshot. The reason for this lines is that they have used a ledger journal in the film.

Attachments

• raiders-lost-ark-movie-screencaps.com-6251_ausschnitt.jpg
    raiders-lost-ark-movie-screencaps.com-6251_ausschnitt.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Yes, please :) A more screen acurate prop is always a better prop. :D If you are doing this please put me on your list. :)

But the two most right lines in your test print shoud be less thick than the third row from right. You can see this better on the other screenshot. The reason for this lines is that they have used a ledger journal in the film.

How is this?

IMG_0014.jpeg

Mine showed up today.

Awesome job and great presentation with the outer paper covering. Thank you. Outstanding.

What! No pencil? :lol: :):p

20200710_150825.jpg
20200710_150847.jpg
20200710_150907.jpg

Attachments

• 20200710_150847.jpg
    20200710_150847.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • 20200710_150907.jpg
    20200710_150907.jpg
    918.8 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Also like to order maybe two of these. Just a remark, is it possible to tone down the blue horizontal lines a bit? They look very "hard" now. I think this should look much more accurate if they are quite a bit lighter blue, like those old notebooks we had at school. Lines there were a really light blue.

To be honest I also think the red lines are just ALL a bit lighter, but all the same kind of red. I don't think the original prop had a variation in the vertical red lines. Just my two cents here...

Additional question: is there a discount if we don't want it aged? (Would like to do that part myself)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back