INDIANA JONES - How much for a really GOOD fedora?

Great thread...that weathered "Streets of Cairo" hat that member CKING showed off a few pages back is amazing!

Now I'm on the hunt!...

I went with rabbit. For two reasons, I read rabbit was used for the actual film. Secondly I already own a Raiders hat by Penman which is beaver felt. Pre-bashed with the turn.

I think I can do that. Along with some comparisons next to my Penman. It should be a good comparison seeing as how I haven't worn my Penman hat in any sunlight, ever.

Did you ever get your hat?

Did you ever get your hat?

*blood starts to boil*
Yes, eventually. I did.
Ordered it in December, a week later I asked about a possible E.T.A. and was told early to mid-march.
Mid-March I e-mailed and asked for an update and was told "about a fortnight's time". April came, and went. Got to finally pick it up, myself at a local post office at the start of this month. Some five months later.

HJ sent the package via FEDEX, "home delivery"-option. Which was not fulfilled and their customer service can't give an answer to why.

Hat is fantastic though. Basically identical to my Penman. Only real difference(besides the different felt) is the color.
front1.jpg

inside1.jpg

At the moment, not sure which is which. LOL.

Curious what the experts think of this Fedora. To my untrained eye, it looks serviceable. The price makes me doubt the quality, though.

Curious what the experts think of this Fedora. To my untrained eye, it looks serviceable. The price makes me doubt the quality, though.

Assuming their stock sizes fit your head, and you were willing/able to swap out the ribbon (theirs looks very brown to me), it seems more than serviceable for the price. You could end up getting a Party City plastic fedora in the mail, though.

It looks serviceable for the price point. Likely made of wool and will be a big denser, heavier than a real fur felt hat. Don't let it get caught in the rain or even remotely wet though.

Are you sure the site legit? Looks like it hasn't been around a long time, and the about us page isn't even talking about the same website.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back