Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

It's going to be a lot cheaper than the resin and gold-plate version I was going to do before through the guy in California! I'm not sure yet on price, but I'm hoping to keep it around $400 - $450 at the most! So, it may be cheaper, but depends on how much shipping will be from China. Considering the bronze castings will be hollow, the weight will be minimal along with shipping cost.

Thanks! That sounds good. [emoji106][emoji106]

Well I’m certainly in for both versions. It was this project that got me to join as COW is really quiet these days :(

I know some are a little skeptical about this being made in bronze, but the reason I want this in metal, is because the gold-plate will be a real gold-plate and will last a lot longer, if not forever. Gold-plating on plastic does not last very long. I went to a prop party last year where someone brought their Sideshow Idol, and the gold-plate was already rubbing off (not flaking)!!! Actually rubbing off like it was makeup!!! Other complaints I've seen was with their Gobler Idol, where the resin was still degassing, and made the gold-plate start to bubble and flake off.
So, with a metal Idol, we won't have this problem, since we can put a real gold-plate on it! Fingers crossed that the foundry can make this happen! The pictures I posted earlier of the gold statues is the foundry's work. They have a fine attention to detail, and should be able to apply this to the wax sclupts as they are doing the lost wax method of casting!

In Brenton we trust.

I know this is going to be an amazing piece but I was always a little concerned what the price would be, quality is never cheap. If this comes in under $500, I couldn't be happier.

It's going to be a lot cheaper than the resin and gold-plate version I was going to do before through the guy in California! I'm not sure yet on price, but I'm hoping to keep it around $400 - $450 at the most! So, it may be cheaper, but depends on how much shipping will be from China. Considering the bronze castings will be hollow, the weight will be minimal along with shipping cost.

I'm back in if that's the price!

Edit: Looks like I never actually officially said I was in...so now I am...officially.

With glass eyes.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back