Interest Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

Yes, I'll be reworking those areas.

The main issue I had with previous Idols, was the recessed areas not getting any of the yellow clear coat and remaining silver. I talked with this new gold-plater and he said it was not going to be an issue. He knew what I was talking about and has done Idols before. As far as I can tell from looking at Rebelscum's Ark up close is that he is very good and very meticulous in his work.

That's fantastic news!

I wonder which/who's idols they have plated in the past.

Do you add also this 2 details on your idol to match the hero?

32661390js.jpg

That are no reflections.The double chin has a shadow also.Look here you can see it better.No reflection can make this.
And the Original Idol is not so mirror gold like the most fanmades out there.

32662644we.jpg

They're just reflections, there is no fold on the cheeks or double chin on the idol. :)

I don't think there's a double chin either, but I believe he's right about the face. The cheeks don't have a round shape below the cheekbones. They flatten on both sides of the mouth, which is what happens to your face when you open your mouth.

It can also be seen in the movie fairly well when Indy hands the idol to Belloq in the jungle, the way the light hits the idol's jaw (minute 4:13):

But either way, this looks like it's shaping up to be a great replica.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's a double chin either, but I believe he's right about the face. The cheeks don't have a round shape below the cheekbones. They flatten on both sides of the mouth, which is what happens to your face when you open your mouth.

It can also be seen in the movie fairly well when Indy hands the idol to Belloq in the jungle, the way the light hits the idol's jaw (minute 4:13):

https://youtu.be/mC1ikwQ5Zgc?t=253

But either way, this looks like it's shaping up to be a great replica.

Trust me, no double chin and no fold on the cheeks. I have many, many photos of the original idols to back this up. :)

Trust me, no double chin and no fold on the cheeks. I have many, many photos of the original idols to back this up. :)

After taking a better look at all the pictures, the idol is actually pretty damn accurate and follows the original very nicely. It was just the direction of the light in that last side by side photo what was throwing me off.

However, I still think the 'fold' Kroenen mentioned does exist, and it's even there in the sculpt. Perhaps I just wouldn't call it a fold, so this may just be a wording problem and we're all seeing the same thing. But it's definitely a change of plane in the surface of the face, which does flatten and bend around both sides of the mouth like every face gesturing like that idol would do. That's all it is really.

I'd be interested to know if this will include the eyes like someone asked earlier, by the way.

What? No rebutle of double chin this or face flap that? So strange when you guys listen to members like GeordieIndy and myself when we know what the F we are talking about. You really should use the search button to save yourself the embarrassment. SCHOOLED!...Or I think the term is "Jedifyfed"....

What? No rebutle of double chin this or face flap that? So strange when you guys listen to members like @GeordieIndy and myself when we know what the F we are talking about. You really should use the search button to save yourself the embarrassment. SCHOOLED!...Or I think the term is "Jedifyfed"....

Keeping it classy.

I don't think anyone here had been disrespectful toward anyone, man. I for one also said that I had double checked the pictures and had made a mistake, so not to rain on your parade, but the discussion was already over before you arrived.

And with that, I'm out of here, because the last thing I'd want is to derail a RelicMaker thread, whose work I really admire.

Re: Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

What? No rebutle of double chin this or face flap that? So strange when you guys listen to members like @GeordieIndy and myself when we know what the F we are talking about. You really should use the search button to save yourself the embarrassment. SCHOOLED!...Or I think the term is "Jedifyfed"....

Oh no..I was only playing the new Conan Game on my Xbox yesterday.Had no time for this here.:lol

This idol on your pics is the exact same that they used for the hero shots in the movie?

I´v never said all idolsculpts are not accurate.But for me this special idol looks different from the pics.

I would be not so arrogant...years ago all people made their Vaderdomes longer on the back and had no clue that it sits only in a different position on the facemask.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, there is no double chin. I have over 500 idol photos, with many photos of the original idols. ;)

Would you share this pics with us?

Here a better pic of it...this is a mirroreffect?

32671904vm.jpg

Re: Indiana Jones - "FERTILITY IDOL" (Made from Casting from Original Mold)

Would you share this pics with us?

I would be more than happy to share photos with anyone interested. It would probably be easier to send me a pm with your email and I can email them to people.

I do have a collection of photos of the original idols that some members have kindly shared with me, and have asked that I never share them. I will always respect their wishes and keep those photos to myself. These members know what an Idol nut I am... :) This is the prop that got me interested in this hobby, the prop I have done the most research on, and the prop that is still my favourite all these years on.

Regards,

Andy

After taking a better look at all the pictures, the idol is actually pretty damn accurate and follows the original very nicely. It was just the direction of the light in that last side by side photo what was throwing me off.

However, I still think the 'fold' Kroenen mentioned does exist, and it's even there in the sculpt. Perhaps I just wouldn't call it a fold, so this may just be a wording problem and we're all seeing the same thing. But it's definitely a change of plane in the surface of the face, which does flatten and bend around both sides of the mouth like every face gesturing like that idol would do. That's all it is really.

You would be correct in saying the face flattens out on the cheeks a bit. It's not a fold, so it maybe was just a confusion of words...

It is very difficult when looking at Brenton's white colour cast to see all the details. I even questioned if the mouth was turned down enough like the original. Sometimes with this prop, it's not until it is plated that you can see the details. Other replica idols like the Gobler many years ago were cast in a different colour resin, and it was easier to see these details before they were plated. So colour and lighting can really confuse people when it comes to this prop. For years many people even thought the Belloq Idol eyes had holes drilled in them. But that's a whole other conversation.

Maybe if Brenton has the time he can show you guys how his idol looks in different light and different angles.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back