Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

I've been aging with coffee for well over ten years and pieces I aged way back then basically look the same as when I first aged them. In other words, coffee does not speed up the aging process over time, it only does an "instant" aging when you use it.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

RickDeG nailed it. The actual movie screen shot is 2 Chronicles 5. I copied the relevant section from an 1817 Dutch bible (thanks, Google Books!) I may not have transcribed it exactly as I don't know Dutch, but compare to Sith Sheriff Brody's screen grab

That's the page before the page in question though, the actual page is never seen on screen. Would one assume then that Chapter 6 is the one we want to start with?

That's the page before the page in question though, the actual page is never seen on screen. Would one assume then that Chapter 6 is the one we want to start with?

Correct.

There is a bookseller relatively close to me who specializes in antique Bibles and in Dutch family Bibles in particular. Maybe he can find an edition that matches the left page, so we would have the correct details for mocking up the right page. I'll see what I can find out.

Rigor, what left page are you talking about? I did that one a few pages back.

I saw your post from a couple months ago where you found the correct edition. I missed it if you posted scans.
At any rate I have access to the correct edition now. Compare my photo to the screen cap. I'll start scanning
the right page next so the text blocks can be dropped onto a page with the McQuarrie print.

mg4874.jpg

indiana-jones-raiders-lost-ark-b1.jpg-32829d1283031900

Last edited:
Indiana Jones Clipper Ticket

Hello everybody, i'm new on this forum and would like to make my first prop. I plan to make a Pan American clipper ticket from indiana Jones movie but i can't find a source. I browsed the whole web but nothing ( i found time tables quiet fast).
So if anybody could provide a link or share digital documents i would highly appreciate (any other Indy paper prop is welcome too:lol)
Regards
PS : sorry for my bad english....

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie, thanks for the all this superb work. I'd ordered the McQuarrie print for my home, but Kramstaar and Darth Saber, those bible pages look stellar. Very inspirational.

What a great find! Any news on the full page scan?

I managed to break my scanner over the holidays trying to scan these pages. I pressed down so hard on the scanner to try to flatten out the 'gutter' that the track holding the sprockets and rubber belt busted. Any way, I fixed the broken scanner last week and will be giving it a try again soon. I'll scan the majority of the pages first, then the gutter last. If the scanner croaks again I'll photograph the missing sections with a macro lens and stitch the images together to get full pages. I'm planning on doing both the left and right pages both front and back, so people can display them loose if they like.

Some questions for you paper prop experts out there.

So I scanned the main portion of the two pages front and back and have stitched them together. I managed to scan the inside margin text on one of the pages and stitched it together to its page. My only problem is that stitching the images of the inside margin text leaves seams where the images were stitched. Because I couldn't get the inside margin text flat on the scanner, those scans have a range of contrasts and brightness that are tough, maybe impossible, to match up to the main page which is has a relatively uniform contrast and brightness.

What should I do? Is it worth it to try to save the look of the real aged page as text background? Should I keep trying to adjust the inside margin text scans to match the main page, or should I just align all the text, select it, and paste it onto a new white background? That second route means when printing the image will need to be printed on parchment or on white paper that will need artificially aged. The second route is much simpler.

I would just be happy to see the general layout. I most likely will attempt to match the fonts and retype the pages myself. That way it will be a clearer text and I can print it on any paper I wish, preaged or not.

I appreciate the effort you are putting into this. I can't wait to see the layout of the pages as they are in that book. Thank you for your work.

Best,
DBCooper

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back