Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - Grafikos prop

RaidersLight

Hi. I have seen that there is no specific thread to talk about this interesting prop and with the 4K images I found it interesting to talk about all that is known and unknown.

The top of the grafikos can be seen at 95% with what it shows on screen. But the lower part is still a lot to be known. I guess until they show it in the making of, an art book or some leaked production photo or exposed in an exhibition, I think it will take time to know 100% how that bottom part is.

From what I gather from what is seen in the film, there must be two different props from the gráfikos. On the top part it would be the same, but on the bottom part there is one (ship scene) where clearly a crescent is appreciated as on the top part, but the grafikos of the tomb scene on the bottom part is appreciated a spiral and some symbols on the edges.

The spiral was already seen engraved on the bottom of the wax square. And it can also be seen in the papers that Indy is reading on the plane.

indiana-jones-dod-treasures-artifacts-2.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-08-29-06h39m05s518.jpg

Captura de pantalla (525).png

Captura de pantalla (524).png

vlcsnap-2023-07-15-14h51m58s819b.png

Are you sure that the picture of the crescent above isn't him holding it upside down to read the back of it? Looks like that IS the front to me.

Bought this from FpReplica on Etsy. Back is smooth but front is nice and the price is right. I did redo the paint because I wanted it more ‘golden’ than how it arrived.

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpeg
    IMG_2535.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 383
Are you sure that the picture of the crescent above isn't him holding it upside down to read the back of it? Looks like that IS the front to me.
Indy is reading the front side of the disc (when they focus on him from his back) and when they focus on him from the front and below, you are supposed to see the back of the disc, but what you see are the same engravings on the front. It could be that there is a disc with the same engraving on both sides, or that Ford has turned it around for the back shot.

Bought this from FpReplica on Etsy. Back is smooth but front is nice and the price is right. I did redo the paint because I wanted it more ‘golden’ than how it arrived.
I have seen many copies on the net of that engraving for the grafikos. They are all very nice. But I'll wait for someone to sell the grafikos with a correct version of the engraving with the letters and dashed circles closer to the real thing. Or maybe I'll get around to making one for myself.

Guess you haven’t seen mine. I traced every single rune and crack directly from a screen capture of it from the movie. I’ve made quite a few of these. Since the digital download was released, I just designed the backside of the grafikos too with archimedes spiral (which I just updated mine to have and will be releasing that version this week)
I had not seen this replica on the forum to be honest. That design is certainly closer. But it still lacks certain details that are not correct. But it is a good approach. I think the graphics on the screen looks bigger than it really is. I think 8 inches or more is wrong. According to my calculations. Hopefully sometime someone can measure the original. I have been encouraged and will make my own version, but I have little time to spare and will build up little by little.

I had not seen this replica on the forum to be honest. That design is certainly closer. But it still lacks certain details that are not correct. But it is a good approach. I think the graphics on the screen looks bigger than it really is. I think 8 inches or more is wrong. According to my calculations. Hopefully sometime someone can measure the original. I have been encouraged and will make my own version, but I have little time to spare and will build up little by little.

Probably because I don’t do runs on here. I traced it directly from the screenshot of it from the movie and calculated the size and you still think it’s not accurate. Good Lord.. sounds like you lack an eye for detail since I think it’s the most accurate as it can be, but good luck with yours though.

Last edited:
I have finally finished my first version of Grafikos. It is my prototype for testing in order to make the final good version.

View attachment 1757492

View attachment 1757493
Nice work.
A few things though you may want to consider:
The original seems to be slightly thinner.
The carvings seem to be slightly deeper and carving lines may be slightly thicker.

But that’s my „gut feeling“ when looking at the movie pictures.

Nice work.
A few things though you may want to consider:
The original seems to be slightly thinner.
The carvings seem to be slightly deeper and carving lines may be slightly thicker.

But that’s my „gut feeling“ when looking at the movie pictures.
Indeed, the thickness should be a little thinner and the diameter a little larger. The depth of the carving I don't see it very deep in the original, to be honest.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back