Indiana Jones 5

I could just see it:

"I wanted to stay true to the character but put my own spin on it."

BARF. I'd rather have a Ford impersonator with no self respect.

Honestly I don't understand all the hatred toward Shia LeBouff, I thought he did a pretty credible job considering what they gave him to work with. It was Spielberg who made him do that ridiculous sword fight on the vehicles and swing through the trees like a damned ape. I liked him other than that.

And why hasn't anyone yet suggested some adventures with Wu Han, Indy's friend who pulled the gun on Lao Che in the club Obi-Wan? "I've followed you on many adventures...but into the great unknown mystery...I go first, Indy." So lets see these adventures, he could be a cool character if developed further.

Anyone? Bueuller? Anyone?

I wanna see the "interquels" where Indy worked for the OSS during WWII. More Nazi-punching, please! :)

In all seriousness, though...I'm good with just the three. That's all I need. I treat YIJC as its own, entertaining thing, although it's not REALLY Indy to me. I enjoy the video games and comic books, but that's because I can always turn a blind eye towards anything I don't like.

With the films, once I see it, it's stuck in my head and I'll never get rid of it.

See also:

- Highlander 2.

- Any "Aliens" film after Aliens.

- Any Matrix film after The Matrix.

- Star Wars prequels.

For me, once I see a film that's "officially" within the continuity, it affects my view of the other films. I know that's not true for a lot of folks -- a crappy entry into the film series isn't really a problem for them and they can still enjoy the good stuff. But for me, especially in an ongoing narrative, it really hurts my enjoyment of the other material.

The only case that comes to mind where this doesn't happen is Bond movies. I happily ignore large swaths of the Bond franchise, and simply enjoy the films in the series that I enjoy. But that's also because you have 20+ films, 6 different Bonds, and several distinct "eras" to the franchise.

I would much rather see Short Round carry the torch forward than Mutt!:lol

Besides he was the only one that Indy trusted to wear the hat and carry his gear!!!

ShortRound.jpg

tumblr_ltbm0cqdX11qcdv64o1_500.jpg

Yeah, it's time to re-cast indy and tell some adventures in the 30's and 40's.
Having a backstory featuring Indys Wu Han would be cool.

Leave Indy alone.....4 was enough. I just watched Raiders again last night and man was that movie perfect. Actually, the first 3 films were all good but Raiders was IT.

It made me sad to see what a mess they made of the series with Indy 4. Let's face it IF they do anymore Indy films they have to be set in the 30's and 40's.....Indy would have to be recast, that's all there is to it.

Oh, and please get off the tired argument that ONLY Ford can play Indiana Jones. It's either recast the role or don't do anymore at all.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens with the Uncharted movie. IF the people that make that can pull off capturing the feeling of those games then this generation has it's "Indiana Jones" for the theaters.

And why hasn't anyone yet suggested some adventures with Wu Han, Indy's friend who pulled the gun on Lao Che in the club Obi-Wan? "I've followed you on many adventures...but into the great unknown mystery...I go first, Indy." So lets see these adventures, he could be a cool character if developed further.

Anyone? Bueuller? Anyone?

I hate that scene. The dialogue is clunky, and being asked to accept this guy is a major part of Indy's adventures all of a sudden just screams "MINI-MOOSE!" to me.

Oh, and please get off the tired argument that ONLY Ford can play Indiana Jones. It's either recast the role or don't do anymore at all.

There's no logical conflict between the "tired argument" and "don't do them anymore", so no need to "get off it". That's exactly what the powers that be should see - Ford is Indy so it's now time to stop making Indy films. Anything else is an argument to recast the role <<shudder>> and run this franchise into the damn ground making it significantly less special than it already is.

Holywood (and in this case Marin) needs to know that it's okay to make something not attached to an established franchise. You want to tell an adventure story in a vein similar to a series from decades back? Fine, write a new hero (hint - that's been done before and the result rhymes with "Jinbiana Iones") with a new story. It's even commendable to try this believe it or not! Just let this one rest, he's earned it.

Last edited:
Indy searching Vietnam in the early 60s before the US involvement, looking for a powerful native artifact that could give us the edge in the coming war?

think they should just go for a script about Indy actually looking for the lost city of Atlantis, that was supposedly what 4 was supposed to be about but didn't happen. Harrison Ford could easily pull off one more Indy movie, but it better be written damn well. I mean how bad did he look in Cowboys and Aliens? Basically looked like he hadn't aged since Indy 4.

'Raiders' is brilliant.

Crystal Skull was terrible overall.

Indy V - yes, ok, but Spielberg shouldn't direct it and Lucas shouldn't write it. With the greatest respect to those two great men of motion pictures, it's not time for Harrison Ford to hand the flame on, it's time for Lucas and Spielberg to do so. Or at the very least, Lucas.,

It worked for Bond it can work for Indy, it's just a matter of finding the right actor to play the part. There are countless indy stories that could be made into movies... There's no reason we should be limited to 2?3?4? Also i love aliens but having said that... THEY DO NOT BELONG IN AN INDIANA JONES MOVIE! The 3 real indy movies were all religion-based. Indy hunts for religious artifacts, that's what he does. Not bloody alien crap! Just my 0.02 :)

I don't mind the alien angle at all. It's a mystery and can have the archeological angle. Just didn't see it in Indy4. It also brings in the religious angle, because... well... just think conspiracy theory and alternate explanations to religion : "cave men" trying to explain aliens and alien tech... and what do you get? GODS. Puts a question mark on everything religious and alien and whatever.

Pan-dimensional beings? **** that. What were they looking for? The question to 42?

In Tranformers 3 I noticed Shia is starting to look a little bit like a young Harrison Ford... (runs and hides before the s**tstorm)

In Tranformers 3 I noticed Shia is starting to look a little bit like a young Harrison Ford... (runs and hides before the s**tstorm)
That's nothing to hide about. He DOES resemble young Harrison a bit. Certainly enough to buy him as his kid in Indy 4. The scenes between him and Harrison in the beginning where actually the most entertaining in the whole movie for me before it went into unrealistic, mind-fart overdrive.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back