Indiana Jones 5

That's nothing to hide about. He DOES resemble young Harrison a bit. Certainly enough to buy him as his kid in Indy 4. The scenes between him and Harrison in the beginning where actually the most entertaining in the whole movie for me before it went into unrealistic, mind-fart overdrive.

I have to agree with this. Shia could be good if given the right script. I think he has the acting chops but he is on this Michael Bay-ish road as an action star and is jumping at anything big whether it's good or not. Look at him in Holes as opposed to his roll in I Robot. Even though I enjoyed I robot, his role was an absolute throw away. I don't know why he's there really.

For whatever it's worth, this video was posted yesterday, in which George Lucas says (beginning at the 8:28):

I am working on a 5th Indiana Jones. I have to get it approved by Steven and Harrison. I'll only say this, the last time it took 14 years to get it approved, so again, it's not something that everybody's crazy to get out and do. I mean, nobody needs the money, you know the chances are that it will be not well accepted much more than it will be accepted, so there's not a lot of impetus to do it.

please all that is holy , dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shia SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you ruined it with horrible story , be original, write another character .

My original hope, once I knew a 4th movie was being filmed, was for a second trilogy. Complete with a prequel. I seriously thought that if they were going to revitalize this franchise, they must have AT LEAST ANOTHER idea in the pipeline in case it'another smash hit. Apparently they put all of their eggs in one basket. And there is a (seemingly) lackluster attempt being made towards a 5th film. My faith has been shaken by KOTCS, but I still want one more to at least close the books on the franchise, but if a fifth is as uneven as the last....I have to regretfully say "no more". One bad flick isn't enough to make me opposed to another though, so I'll give Indy one more chance. For the record, I don't hate Crystal Skull, but I don't think it was perfect, either. I thought it was a very ambitious concept (for that I love it), it just failed in it's execution.

INDY 5?....

jerry-seinfeld-done.gif

It's sad that KOTCS wasn't good. But it had more to do with the fact that the script was the amalgamation of several different scripts smashed into one. I think up until they reach the graveyard, the film was a worthy addition to the series. After that, it just fell apart. I'm not opposed to a fifth, but I also wasn't opposed to Last Crusade being the end of the series either. I think Shia is a talented actor, but he never will don the fedora, as his character is totally different than Harrison's. I know Ford won't allow them to reboot the franchise in his lifetime, he's too invested in the character. He's been quoted as saying that when he dies they can do whatever they want, but as long as he's around, they better not make an Indy film without him because he's earned the hat. I couldn't agree more. I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing an older professor Jones aging with dignity and still going on adventures. Crystal Skull wasn't one of them ultimately, but given the right script I think it could work.

Last edited:
In theory? Sure. It could work. You could also theoretically do any number of other movies that would work. In practice, though, let's be honest here. Lucas' tastes are his own. He's not gonna compromise them.

By now it should be obvious to everyone what Lucas likes and what he'll do with his movies. If you're down with that, super. Go see 'em and enjoy. But let's be really clear about this. Going into this with the attitude that maybe THIS time will be different is just, well, foolish.

Re: Indiana jones 5 still happening?

I can see it now: Indiana Jones and The Search For Life. Indy goes to Mars or some other planet.

Re: Indiana jones 5 still happening?

"Indiana Jones and the Jungle Filled With CG-monkeys" oh wait they already did that one ;)

Would love to see another one.... as long as there are no CGI characters in it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back