Indiana Jones 5

I saw this today. It's got my curiosity up and it's got to be better than 4, even with Shia laBeouf right?:lol

msnbc.com Entertainment - Will Indy die in 'Indiana Jones 5'?

He died in 4 along with the rest of the production. :love

After the KOTCS debacle, Spielberg can keep 5 and his flying refrigerators on the shelf. I hate saying that as I loved the first three but enough is enough when you have years to work on a script to make people happy and you end up with The Crystal Skull mess.

Regardless, specious argument - in the case of this franchise Harrison IS Indy, end of line.

4d89e3dd1f9e3-1.jpg

I'd love to see more obscure and exotic enemies, a story where the fate of the globe isn't at stake...basically I'd like something more in the spirit of TOD. My personal fave.

Indy is done.

Bring on "The Adventures of Mutt Williams"!!!

(ducks for cover and then grabs a vine and swings away with the monkeys) :)

Last edited:

:confused

Wait, that's an argument fer it or agin' it? Also, it's Star Trek, who give a crap (ST2:WGAC coming 2013!)? That's an EASY role to recast - THAT'S where you just look for the smuggest, smarmiest bugger at the audition and BANG! You got nu-Shat!

There's so much Harrision Ford built into Indy that I don't know how you even start to extricate it. If you don't, you end up with a HF impression. If you do try to remove him from the character, you get...I don't know, but something so removed from Indy that you might as well just call him something else - like, "Lara Croft" or something.

Wait, that's an argument fer it or agin' it?

Neither. It's a visual reminder that these things are roles for actors, not gods in the pantheon. If you had asked me even fifteen years ago if I'd live so long to see another actor play James T. Kirk, I woulda thought you were nuts. Now I'm older and know how the world works.

And how the world works is not a secret.

Id like to see Indy and ONE companion (maybe the return of Shortround?) getting lost in the bermuda triangle and ending up finding Atlantis in the center of it.
I like Too Much Garlic's idea of the Government having a plan for all the stuff in that warehouse, but also part of me thinks just leave the Ark alone. It made its cameo in CS and there is no need to rehash it.
I would NOT be apposed to recasting Indy - the choice has to be brilliant but it could work really well as you won't be restrained to tell stories that take place in the 50's/60's

Id like to see Indy and ONE companion (maybe the return of Shortround?) getting lost in the bermuda triangle and ending up finding Atlantis in the center of it.
I like Too Much Garlic's idea of the Government having a plan for all the stuff in that warehouse, but also part of me thinks just leave the Ark alone. It made its cameo in CS and there is no need to rehash it.
I would NOT be apposed to recasting Indy - the choice has to be brilliant but it could work really well as you won't be restrained to tell stories that take place in the 50's/60's

I was *not* a big Shortround fan (always felt like Indy was dong penance for something, to have to have that little bigmouth around). Indy is best on his own - unless there were to be a second adventurer that would give him friendly competition.

A 50-50 mix *could* work if handled right, with the young(er) Indy setting the stage for the series to continue back in the 30's/40's.

And: after re-watching CS, I decided I like it a lot better than Temple of Doom. (so sue me. :lol)

That's what could make it work: an "unknown" actor that could do the role without already being "fitted" into a mold.

That's what could make it work: an "unknown" actor that could do the role without already being "fitted" into a mold.

Maybe not a true "unknown" since most will be like "who's this guy?".
Even Brandon Routh wasn't a true unknown, but most didn't know who he was, but he worked great as Superman IMO.

Unfortunately, recasting Indy is not as 'easy' as James Bond.
It just may be the hardest casting decision made in movie history if it ever happens.

Actually, it could just be selective memory brought about by the experience of some traumatic event...

Nope. Never seen this "fourth movie" people talk about. Far as I know, it doesn't exist. >shrug< In my movie experience, Indy rides into the sunset at the end of Last Crusade and....that's it.

Shia LaBeouf is Indiana Jones answer to Star Trek's Wesley Crusher. If they do 5 they should get rid of the whole family being in the film and focus just on Indiana Jones. Oh, and please Speilberg, no aliens!

Honestly I don't understand all the hatred toward Shia LeBouff, I thought he did a pretty credible job considering what they gave him to work with. It was Spielberg who made him do that ridiculous sword fight on the vehicles and swing through the trees like a damned ape. I liked him other than that.

And why hasn't anyone yet suggested some adventures with Wu Han, Indy's friend who pulled the gun on Lao Che in the club Obi-Wan? "I've followed you on many adventures...but into the great unknown mystery...I go first, Indy." So lets see these adventures, he could be a cool character if developed further.

Anyone? Bueuller? Anyone?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back