Indiana Jones 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Darth Mawr, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Darth Mawr

Darth Mawr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fool me once...

3. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

Im thinking they will kill him off in this one. Not sure how I would react to seeing that.

4. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

I don't need to see Indy die. I don't need to see anymore Indy flicks. They sorta proved they don't have what it takes to make them anymore, so why should I care.

5. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If they kill Indy, then I'll send all my Indy-DVD's and -Blu-ray's to hell!!!!!!!! Seriously!!!

6. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Hm... I can imagine something like a death like in Tomb Raider IV.

Some stones falling down, Indy is burried, is he alive, is he dead? Let's think he's dead and we've got a lot of possibilities for Indiana Jones chronicles or something, a movie about the young Indy...

Why they start to make a fourth movie? Now it has to go on and on...

7. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

Indiana Jones and the Lost Bed Pan

maybe, the 5th movie will have Indy waking up from a nap and having a bad dream with aliens and a crystal skull.......

one can only hope

8. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Killing Indiana Jones, the main character, off in a movie? That would be one hell of a stupid move. And is not possible when you look at how stories work. All stories that have "dead" main characters in them or where the main characters die are either told from a first person perspective or are dramas, with the end being inevitable from the beginning. I am curious to see examples of a movie, especially in a series of movies, where the lead and title giving characer is killed off. T-2 does not count. Same goes for Alien/Aliens/AlienĀ³/Alien:Resurrection/AlienSchmalien etc. :p

9. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

They can't kill Indy off yet. He hasn't met his daughter!

10. letmebestormy

letmebestormy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Lucas would never kill off any character that would affect merchandise sales.

11. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Says it all right there!

12. teecrooz

teecrooz Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'd go see it because I enjoy the movies. They'll make a butt-load of money no matter what they do with the storyline. They proved it with the last one.

Also, it says at the end of the article that Indy won't be killed off.

13. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What are you blabbing about?

There are only two movies in the Indiana Jones Trilogy ...

14. Vermithrax 4

Vermithrax 4 Well-Known Member

After "Temple of Doom" it went right over the cliff. "Last Crusade", with the exception of a few isolated moments, was terrible! How could they have done that to poor Marcus, turned him into a complete buffoon!!! And even "Temple" was nearly ruined by the presence of the highly annoying Willie Scott. There are few parts I liked in "Crystal Skull" but generally it blew massive chunks. Spielberg has moved past films like this to more serious fare, he can't backtrack without making parodies of his earlier film style, which is exactly what "Crystal Skull" is.

15. darth_myeek

darth_myeek Sr Member

I thought they killed him off in 4, oh noes that was the audience.

16. CessnaDriver

Loathe as I am to use the term.......

Reboot.

Recast.
    Return to the 1930's.
    Back to a badass.

You could even have Ford in it as some kind of segueway into the reboot.

17. Master Dahark

Master Dahark Well-Known Member

I actually had a similar thought- since I'd love to have Indiana Jones movies go on forever.
    Suppose the movie starts in 1960 or whenever-- to accommodate Ford's age. Something unsolved from his past resurfaces and the mystery is slowly unveiled through flashbacks with a NEW young actor- the movie could be 50% Ford and 50% new guy. If audiences go for it, then the new guy can continue to Indy 6 and beyond. If they HATE the new guy, they should then leave the series alone

18. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer Sr Member

I'd rather see them reboot the franchise with a new actor playing Indy at a much younger age. Just do some of his earlier adventures. We can still have Indy and it doesn't have to be Ford. Killing him off will just pee a bunch of people off and kill the whole Indiana Jones franchise. Nobody wants to see "The Adventures of Indy's Son" or "The Adventures of LeBeouf "

19. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

:lol

I have said it elsewhere, I knew for a long time Indy 5 was coming. I promise it is going to be excellent.

If you know Spielberg, you know that he cannot live with criticism. Last Crusade was not going to happen until TOD was met with critical reception.

If they can limit the yes men around, which is one of George Lucas' recent vices, I think they have it in them to hit one more out of the park.

Don't forget, it's not the years, it's the mileage. An older Indy CAN be interesting.

20. thegreatgalling

I like this idea a lot actually.

21. Aberration

Aberration Member

Isn't Indy supposed to live to be 100, with one eye, and rattling off stories about his teenage self to nobody in particular?

22. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

A new actor playing Indy? No way!!!! Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones plain and simple. I would refuse to see an Indiana Jones movie that had somebody else in the role.

23. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

How about Indiana Jones and the search for Calista?

Spoiler alert...she turned sideways!!!!!

24. Apollo

25. Apollo

:lol Man, oh Man, you are going get whipped for that one! :lol

26. CessnaDriver

Too late.
    Did you refuse to watch River Phoenix?

I'm sure people said they would not watch anyone but Sean Connery play Bond. They did.

I think the character, like Bond, is larger then life and has a wealth of tales of adventure to tell, in his prime.

How about animated?

[​IMG]

27. dbalschi

dbalschi Sr Member

Yeah but River played him as a teenager for 10 minutes.

28. CessnaDriver

A TV series recast Indy too.

It's already been done and nobody freaked.

I even remember back in the day in magazine interviews, talk about how this was a Bond-like character that could sustain many series of films.

Do we have geriatric Bond films with him pushing 70 though?

Would you want to see that?

29. thegreatgalling

:lol:lol

30. spectre_general

spectre_general Member

I liked Crystal Skull. *dodges*

No, it was not a good movie, but I liked what they were "trying" to do. I'm a good to the last drop kind of guy and this pots almost drained, so we might as well keep going.

A reboot would be fine, but lets wait a while. Not in current Hollywood, they'd probably make him Sam Worthington or something. :s

31. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

Well there was A View to a Kill with Roger Moore pushing sixty.

32. Jm419

Jm419 Sr Member

Actually, Connery could probably still pull off Bond.

That said, I agree about the two movies in the Indy Trilogy...

33. Master Dahark

And he was almost in The Living Daylights too-- until he met Tanya Robert's mom and she was still younger than him! That's when he finally said 'that's it!' In ol' Roger's defense though, he did try to quit every time after Moonraker.
    The big problem with him in AVTAK wasn't his age, but the fact that he still acted like 'young Bond'. Indy in KOTKS acted his age (relatively speaking- it was an Indy film after all...)
    [​IMG]

:lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  34. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I remember watching a Young Indiana Jones movie a long time ago that wasn't to shabby. I would gladly watch a younger actor play Indy in his younger days.

35. Master Dahark

'The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles' is the biggest missed opportunity I can think of-- if ONLY they made it more like the movies, instead of the history lessons SHOVED down our throats. It missed everything that the movies had: FUN

I can think of ONE that came close to capturing the feel of the movies: The Peacock's Eye (which is actually the diamond seen at the beginning of Temple of Doom)
    That one was pretty fun

That and the 'bookends' of Mystery of the Blues. The show wasn't doing so hot so they called in an extra special guest star: HARRISON FORD

[​IMG]

lol you know- before I saw Crystal Skull, a tiny piece of me hoped that somehow Indy would lose an eye. Both to give the film a MEAN violent edge, and as a nod to the 'old Indy' from the TV show!
    That and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones with an eyepatch would have been a badass visual

*edit*
    I threw this together real quick-- It doesn't even look that out of place does it? That's a badass, right there

[​IMG]

and if nothing else, it'll give 'indygear' fans something new to re-create! :lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  36. DARTH SABER

DARTH SABER Master Member

Steven Spielberg - "Shut up George, you already screwed up the last one. Im taking the reigns on this one. Now get outta here and go fiddle with the OT some more."

37. Master Dahark

This isn't mine- I just found it. This looks scary real; someone's pretty talented with photoshop....
    BUT, it's total BS, the fact is that Harrison Ford looks AWESOME for a man pushing 70. We would all be lucky to look like him at his age

[​IMG]

38. Celtic007

Celtic007 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I always had a similar thought that they could treat it like Bond. Get a new guy every few years. Too cool a character to limit just because the actor is too old.

39. spectre_general

spectre_general Member

I think they ret-conned "Old Indy" into oblivion and re-edited all the subsequent releases of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles since.

I don't know why except that I assume sigh "that this is closer to Lucas' original vision" :(

40. arkangel

arkangel Well-Known Member

THAT.. would be perfect.
    Indy 4 took the franchise too far from the feel of the first 3 films. Hopefully George takes Indy 4's criticisms to heart if there's a 5th outing.

41. Indys brother

Indys brother Active Member

I've been saying this for 3 years now! I'm totally in for the eyepatch, I think it would be best to introduce it halfway in to the film though. If not that, have the opening third act tell the story. My reasoning would be to give the whiners one last view of stereoscopic Indy.

[​IMG]

42. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

43. CTF

CTF Sr Member

An eyepatch? Seriously? He looks like a lame pirate (mind you, all pirates are lame).

44. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

I take it you didn't watch The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (before they were re-edited) did you?

45. CTF

CTF Sr Member

I did, yes, so I know old Indy (a rose by any other name, blah, etc.) had one.

Still, an eyepatch is just all kinds o' retarded (and, yeah, I said it: retarded).

46. CTF

CTF Sr Member

You're just angry 'cause I said pirates are lame.

47. spectre_general

spectre_general Member

Hey, y'know some of us pirates find that stuff offensive, okay?

Anyway, eyepatch Indy is a good way to go. He was always more of a gravepirate than an archaeologist anyway.

48. Probe Droid

Probe Droid Master Member

Agree with the reboot badass Indy crowd. In my lifetime I've gone through a handful of Bonds and enjoyed them for what they brought to the role. The world didn't end when Connery quit, it won't end if Ford is replaced with someone younger.

I love Ford as Indy with my heart and soul, but show me another actor playing the character in a film with the same spirit, smarts, and gonads as Raiders and I'm in. And so are you!

49. Larry Young

Larry Young Master Member

Who in their 30s or 40s has that badass Bogart gravitas Harrison Ford had? I'd be hard-pressed to recast that one; you're not taking over for the Priceline guy, you're king over for Han Solo. Those are some big Alden's to fill.

50. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

Replacing Ford is one thing but he is only one element of the movies. I really think Spielberg and Lucas no longer see eye to eye on the stories or direction the movies should go in and both of them have moved beyond the old mindset they were in during the glory days of Indy. So even if you replace Ford you still are not going to have the magic of old.

Personally I think the time has past and the franchise has run its course. Let it rest in peace.