Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Hmm. I'm afraid to even watch the trailer after all the rumors. I was soooo excited for the Force Awakens after seeing Han and Chewie back on screen with the "We're home" comment... then we all know what happened. Not really wanting to live through the same thing with a hero that is some ways is an even more cherished memory for me.

Looks similar to the Antikythera Mechanism…

3B5EDCBA-088D-4B54-92BB-47CF543014E2.jpeg

Sallah being back is awesome. I hope he is in it a lot.

Where the hell is Indy's wife? Ya know, Marion?
Who knows, but it's only a trailer and the first trailer at that. She could be in it but they just didn't include her scene(s) in this trailer or any future trailer. Or, shd could not be in it at all, but you can't determine whether someone is going to be in a movie or not based solely on a single trailer.

Who knows, but it's only a trailer and the first trailer at that. She could be in it but they just didn't include her scene(s) in this trailer or any future trailer. Or, shd could not be in it at all, but you can't determine whether someone is going to be in a movie or not based solely on a single trailer.
Actually I was basing it on the fact there has been no mention of Karen Allen being in the film. I hope they did not kill her off screen or they broke up.

That is the rumored Mcguffin...

Honestly the stunts look just as cartoonish as some of the worst setpieces of Crystal Skull. One of the best things about the stunts from the original three is that barring a few exceptions they were done for real, in camera. I'll have to rewatch the trailer but if the whip is CGI, that's an even worse crime because that's one of the safer stunts Harrison could actually perform based on his training with Anthony DeLongis for Crystal Skull.

I hope the rumors aren't true...

Last edited:
Dial of Destiny? Holy Alliteration Batman!

That's a lame title.
You see, just by bringing Indy back for one last Hoorah and giving us Sallah, they are trying to hook our emotional heartstrings only to combine Back to the Future and Indiana Jones into one giant discombobulated mess. I gotta bad feeling about this.

so here's the synopsis...

In an effort to make one last attempt to live his dream, Indy finds an object that transports him to 1986 where he watches Eddie Money's video on MTV entitled, "I wanna go back" and gets the idea to retcon his own existence after talking with Money himself and reminiscing of all his wild adventures. So he uses the object to go back and "do it all over" again. Except this time with all his previous knowledge will do it better than before and seek to claim his rightful place to be locked in a candlelit room forever as the Gaurdian of the Grail. Now he knows how to prevent anyone else from ever finding it again. But while in there he discovers that it's a boring existence and he can actually go back even further so he doesn't get named after a dog...but that would be very selfish so he decides to sacrifice his accomplishments, his credibility and reputation to go back in the future to do the most selfless act imagineable in the modern generation and save future generations in the process...by simply convincing George Lucas himself not to sell Star Wars to Disney, thus nullifying the Sequel Trilogy altogether. Join Indy on the most exciting retcon that you could ever consider happening in your lifetime...Indiana Jones retconning himself out of existence!!

This was all in jest so don't hammer me over it...lol

Strangely....i hear the distant searches of RPFers franticly screenshotting the Indy 5 trailer on a continuous loop into the wee hours of the night trying to locate as many hidden props they can find in an attempt to make even the likes of Belloq (now 79yrs old) jealous.

That is the rumored Mcguffin...

Honestly the stunts look just as cartoonish as some of the worst setpieces of Crystal Skull. One of the best things about the stunts from the original three is that barring a few exceptions they were done for real, in camera. I'll have to rewatch the trailer but if the whip is CGI, that's an even worse crime because that's one of the safer stunts Harrison could actually perform based on his training with Anthony DeLongis for Crystal Skull.

I hope the rumors aren't true...

Exactly. It looks like every major action scene was FX, not real. Drag that old man behind something for real like you did the first time. (y) (y) (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back