Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

This is where a lot of our contention is with moving on from The Last Crusade. I mean he finds the grail...Clearly in the writing it's communicated that the blood lust for artifacts will kill you.(We on the RPF should learn that lesson as well...lol) That is why after being healed by the grail, Indy's dad tells him to "let it go". His father spent his whole life searching for the artifact only to discover that the true meaning behind it was with a realtionship with his son. As Indy is reaching out for the "object" , Dad is holding on to son. He saves him. They save each other and get to ride off into the sunset together on a new course together(by the grace of God). Tell me, what can be greater than that? What more does Indy need at that point? He gets to go out, literally on top. Do i think he just sat around with Dad and drank coffee until he passed? No. But, i do think they started spending a heck of a lot more time togther after all that happened. From a story tellers point of view and the audiences'...i thought it was a perfect ending. We have closure, and that closure gives us warmth in our hearts.

Having Indy go back and start feeding his lust for the objects again make this seem all for nothing...just like they did with moving beyond ROTJ by nullifying Darth Vaders sacrifice in the ST.(Just using this as an example).

View attachment 1643479

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get it. Why can't they?

Yes Star Wars Sequels and further Indy adventures could be awesome, but all we have gotten is crap.

I have no problem with an older Indy as well. Goodness Harrison Ford looks better at 80 than I look and feel at 51. If they were good it would be awesome.

Since all involved have lost their talent or have none, let it go.

I knew we were in trouble with KOTCS as we already had the prequels, and Sean Connery said if anything could get him out of retirement, another Indy could, and then he passed. I know he said retirement is too much fun, but I think he was being diplomatic. He read it and said no!

Karen Allen was great but that is the only thing.

On the clothing let's be clear:

Indy's clothes are perfect, classic, and never out of style. If they did not have him in them heads would roll.

I have no clue why he no longer carries his gun and has his satchel on the wrong side and on the outside of his jacket, but whatever.

Anything after Last Crusade I will ask God to delete from my memory in Heaven, if I get in.

Along with lots of other stuff.

3FD266BD-E136-4043-88C0-7E37F59171AB.jpeg

Yeah, this is absolutely nuts. I’d watch an entire film of him de-aged if it held up this well the whole time.

What did everyone think of the music? is John Williams doing it ? it sounded very electronic like it was done on a cheap casio keyboard

That sub scene looked alot like the cockpit of the falcon about to go into lightspeed at 1:08.

I really dont know how to feel. Indy now has a god daughter after the mess with Mutt in Crystal Skull?
Yeah, also love Ford and Indy and not sure how I would feel about a reboot of the franchise, especially if they go with modern actors like Chris Pratt. They dont give the Indy vibe.

I am also thinking this is going to be the last Indy movie. Maybe they could get one more out of Ford to end with another trilogy (maybe Mutt and this god daughter working together if things work out with this one) but Ford is kind of pushing it. Nice to see old faces though.

What did everyone think of the music? is John Williams doing it ? it sounded very electronic like it was done on a cheap casio keyboard
Oh no, that’s totally some trailer music company pumping out simplified percussion heavy music for modern trailers, no way is that an indication of the film’s score.

Oh no, that’s totally some trailer music company pumping out simplified percussion heavy music for modern trailers, no way is that an indication of the film’s score.
I hope your right , the music for the Indy movies is just as important as the story.
I was just listening to the Raiders soundtrack yesterday, one of Williams best scores.

John Williams is doing the music, but likely didn't have much to do with the trailer music. Final music is almost never used for trailers because the score isn't often finished until closer to a final cut of the film.

I really dont know how to feel. Indy now has a god daughter after the mess with Mutt in Crystal Skull?
To me, a goddaughter is no big deal, there's no blood relation and all it really means is that Indy is really good, close friend of her parents. I'm sure that the amount of involvement a godparent has in their godchild's life varies considerably from family to family. It may even be possible that Inday was named the godfather without even knowing or being expected to do much.

A lot of the action looked like bad CG/Green screen stuff. Not practical stunts. Some looked over the top as well. Too much so. Not fun over the top. Like they are trying too hard.

I hope I am wrong and this turns out to be amazing.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back