Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

I'm not opposed to the notion of time travel per se, as it could give us some glimpses of some fun adventures we never saw during Indy's younger days and long before. However I'm strongly opposed to the idea of them retconning or changing anything and Indy being "replaced" by anyone.

...I'm strongly opposed to the idea of them retconning or changing anything and Indy being "replaced" by anyone.
Well, you'd better get used to it 'cause Harrison Ford is getting too old to continue and Disney apparently has plans to continue the franchise one way or another.

Time travel has been confirmed to be a central plot point of this new movie. Phoebe Waller-Bridge films Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford
................Nah......
......No.......
...................No way...................
...no....way..........
..Nah! Lol!!!!........
...No.
...No freaking way.........
No.
NO.

NO!!!

giphy (3).gif

Last edited:
Yep. Yep.

Regardless of how fit he is, it was already a stretch to buy Harrison as an action hero at his age. Now we have an even more outlandish premise than Crystal Skull motivating the plot. I hate to say it but I just think this is going to be a total disaster.

Nearly 80 year old Indy can be a hero in this film. Hell Henry Jones SR. was a hero but he left most of the "action" heroism to Indy. As long as elderly Indy's antics are akin to scaring birds into planes with an umbrella lol and not besting hordes of henchmen a third of his age in hand to hand combat. I seriously doubt Lucasfilm will handle that well though.

If the rumor premise is true this is likely going to be a hot mess. I think it was fairly obvious from early on that they would likely go there. It makes it much easier to deliver the crazy amount of fan service that Lucasfilm is so keen on. Maybe it will be a "so bad its good" train wreck.

From the rumors, i'm not sure where they could come to the conclusion that anyone would like or approve of it? I mean, come on, doing a flash back, or time travel, or something that shows him with someone else who's either similar or learning the ropes that future flicks could feature is infinitely better than wiping him from existence. That's just beyond stupid.

1504248[/ATTACH]
2.png
3.jpg

1.jpg

]

Last edited:
Yep. Yep.

Regardless of how fit he is, it was already a stretch to buy Harrison as an action hero at his age. Now we have an even more outlandish premise than Crystal Skull motivating the plot. I hate to say it but I just think this is going to be a total disaster.

Well, South Park may have some fun with Indy again I guess.

Ok.
[deep breath]

However legitimate this reddit post is, I have to admit I kinda sorta like-ish the first 4 paragraphs. I was nodding as I was reading. And seeing a die glocke concept surely helped.

The following paragraph I shook my head, mostly in disagreement.

But what's revealed next, especially the last paragraph, is making me curious.

So...now I'm a tad curious.

As I've mentioned a few weeks back, I thought Mangold did an exceptional job on LOGAN. It is simply a bad-ass, knee-slapping, underrated action flick. If you haven't seen it; you should consider giving it a shot. And it's because of LOGAN that I have to (reluctantly) keep an open mind about the idea of Indy time travelling. Still not a fan, but....

Now, if JJ :sick: was directing, then it would be an easy boycott.
But Mangold: ok....let's wait and see.

Ok.
[deep breath]

However legitimate this reddit post is, I have to admit I kinda sorta like-ish the first 4 paragraphs. I was nodding as I was reading. And seeing a die glocke concept surely helped.

The following paragraph I shook my head, mostly in disagreement.

But what's revealed next, especially the last paragraph, is making me curious.

So...now I'm a tad curious.

As I've mentioned a few weeks back, I thought Mangold did an exceptional job on LOGAN. It is simply a bad-ass, knee-slapping, underrated action flick. If you haven't seen it; you should consider giving it a shot. And it's because of LOGAN that I have to (reluctantly) keep an open mind about the idea of Indy time travelling. Still not a fan, but....

Now, if JJ :sick: was directing, then it would be an easy boycott.
But Mangold: ok....let's wait and see.
Exactly my thoughts. It’s all riding on Mangold, and whether or not Disney/Lucasfilm will give him the creative freedom he needs.

Mangold or not, Phoebe Waller-Bridge kills most of my faith in the project. It seems like too much of a tonal clash for Indy. (She's not the kind of actor that disappears into a role. We all know she's been hired to shape the tone of the movie.)

The only thing that seems clear about Indy#5 is that it's not gonna be in the usual Indy-movie mold. Harrison isn't believable as a front-line action hero anymore. And the whole plot is heavy on time travel.

(People think aliens were outside the mold in Indy#4. I disagree. Each of the 1980s movies centered on a major world religion. The "ancient aliens" thing has many parallels with a religion.)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back