Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Ohh man! I can't imagine how lucky these guys must feel!
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 12.23.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 12.23.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 12.23.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 12.24.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 12.24.26 AM.png

In all semi-seriousness, I am wondering how they are going to handle Marion/Karen Allen's absense in the film? Will it just be a throwaway line?

"Indy, how is Marion?"
"...we realized we were just too different to stay together. Always made better lovers, than a real couple."

Tell us about the time you were shot in the shoulder then dragged behind a truck then rode a submarine for 200 miles in those clothes.
How did you get them back after you left them in the submarine base where you traded them for a Nazi uniform?
While Captain Katana might have mailed his Hat and Jacket back to him, Indy usually just buys matching replacements. But I know the movies want the casual viewer to think it's the same stuff (the hat scene in Last Crusade for example, or the sewn up bullet hole in the arm in the new movie).

We're talking about a film universe where actual magic occurs. I think we can accept the wardrobe consistently (and durability) if we can accept face melting angels, hearts removed from still living victims and cups that heal wounds. ;) (y)

I'm all good, as long as he uses his revolver or wits more than his fists. I'm not going to believe a late 70's Indiana Jones packing a punch that can knock people out :lol:

I LOVE the fact that he was game to take photos like these. He seems to be a mixed bag with fan adoration so it is nice to see him open to it at this level with a bunch of people dressed like him. In other instances he's not so keen on even getting near fans like this. So in that regard it's nice to see.

Though I have to say, this is like the moment where you realize you have to take away your grandfather's keys and tell him he can't drive. You don't want to rob him of his dignity, but you just know it's just not safe for him to be on the road and behind the wheel.

I respect my elders but there is a certain point where you have to acknowledge your limitations as a human being. Age diminishes your strength and ability to do certain things and even in fiction there is a point that in order for the audience to suspend their disbelief you have to cop to the realities of an 80 year old playing an action hero. It's the same issue I take with wafishly thin actresses taking down guys 3 times their size. So much of Indiana Jones as a character is his physical strength, as much as it is his intelligence and vulnerability. Now he just looks vulnerable. I can't accept that he's much of a threat to any adversary, the same way Clint Eastwood in his 90's now is no longer a threat the same way he was even when he did Gran Torino. He was old then but he still had a presence you wouldn't want to **** with.

Tell us about the time you were shot in the shoulder then dragged behind a truck then rode a submarine for 200 miles in those clothes.
How did you get them back after you left them in the submarine base where you traded them for a Nazi uniform?
Somehow I managed to get my jacket back multiple times after going through the LA County Jail. A feat to do once much less multiple times. That jacket has been through multiple car accidents and even slid across the pavement when I was thrown from a motorcycle doing about 50mph. Its been rain soaked time and again and even in the ocean when we swam around the Redondo Beach pier. Not sure if I was wearing the jacket when being hit by a city bus however. It's not the age it's the age of the mileage that ages the miles of memory after ages.

I don't think it's literally supposed to be the same gear between films, even within the narrative of the story. It's likely the "in universe" explanation is that he has multiples. Just like Batman would have spares there might be slight variations on his suit but the overall same look and fit.

Yeah, I was never under the impression he literally wore the same clothes during all these adventures. As far as jackets go, I had thought about finally picking up a nice Indy jacket to wear although I don't know what's considered the best these days.

Just reminding everyone again that the Indy character is not almost 80, he's almost 70. The movie will have makeup & lighting & CGI touch-ups.

------------------

I can assure you that we FEEL INCREDIBLE!!!!
One of the best moment of my life!

That must have really been special. Harrison rarely ever seems to interact with fans like that.

Sure!

We gone in a place where the production car MUST go to arrive in the set so in a way or other we hope to see Harrison Ford!
This place was the famous “Cinzano” set.
Many tourists ask us pics (I think we made around 1,000 pics with peoples) and for this reason production “hear” about us.
So…we made a interview with Lucasfilm workers (it will go on Disneyplus after the movie relase), we had a conversation with Joanna Johnstone and Harrison’s stunt! But NEVER, never we think to know Harrison.

He know that we was there, so he stopped the car go out and come immediately near us…
Fantastic! Harrison was incredible and fantastic.

We not only seen Harrison Ford…we seen INDIANA JONES!!!!!!

Thanks God for this dream that come true!

Sure!

We gone in a place where the production car MUST go to arrive in the set so in a way or other we hope to see Harrison Ford!
This place was the famous “Cinzano” set.
Many tourists ask us pics (I think we made around 1,000 pics with peoples) and for this reason production “hear” about us.
So…we made a interview with Lucasfilm workers (it will go on Disneyplus after the movie relase), we had a conversation with Joanna Johnstone and Harrison’s stunt! But NEVER, never we think to know Harrison.

He know that we was there, so he stopped the car go out and come immediately near us…
Fantastic! Harrison was incredible and fantastic.

We not only seen Harrison Ford…we seen INDIANA JONES!!!!!!

Thanks God for this dream that come true!
Incredible. Not just a "plain" Harrison Ford, but on set and in the Indy costume!

The Kid in me is melting with joy!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back