in need of cheap little compressor

astroboy

Master Member
Hi Gang,

I just sent a badger airbrush to a friend overseas as a christmas gift. He wanted to get into airbrushing for his artwork.

However, what we didn't know was that his compressor had broken.

Do you guys know of a nice little apartment sized unit I could ship him from Amazon? For under $50?

I always use big workshop compressors so I don't know much about those hobby ones.

Thanks

Hell if I know the brand of mine (and I'm not at home) but mine is pretty much like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M33C8M...&pd_rd_r=8300f7b2-1f3f-11e9-9209-475cba84e8fc

Price may vary, I live in the UK and bought it for like £70. It's small, quiet and the tank I think is imperative and it lengthens the life of the comp as well. But there are similar ones without the tank for less money (and more expensive ones with two tanks).

EDIT: Just double-checked the price range, for some reason the link I pasted was shown as $60 but it turns out these go for around 100...the one without a tank is cheaper though. I do think it's worth the extra buck but also know that budget can be a bugger.

Hell if I know the brand of mine (and I'm not at home) but mine is pretty much like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M33C8M...&pd_rd_r=8300f7b2-1f3f-11e9-9209-475cba84e8fc

Price may vary, I live in the UK and bought it for like £70. It's small, quiet and the tank I think is imperative and it lengthens the life of the comp as well. But there are similar ones without the tank for less money (and more expensive ones with two tanks).

EDIT: Just double-checked the price range, for some reason the link I pasted was shown as $60 but it turns out these go for around 100...the one without a tank is cheaper though. I do think it's worth the extra buck but also know that budget can be a bugger.
Thank you sir!!!!

+1 for that amazon/chinese(?) with tank. auction site is also good for price, they are pretty much the same all drop shipped by everyone. You can adjust the pressure of course and runs for a couple of mins before pumping itself back up.

I use a harbor freight air compressor for my airbrush. I've had no issues with it and use it of and on for projects for over a year now.

Hi acesh007, I use the HF compressor and I'm trying to find adaptors with which to upgrade my brush to Iwata / Paasche with minimal luck. Do you use the HF brush or a different manuf?

T

Hi acesh007, I use the HF compressor and I'm trying to find adaptors with which to upgrade my brush to Iwata / Paasche with minimal luck. Do you use the HF brush or a different manuf?

T
T,

I use an Iwata airbrush. I dont think I have an adapter to use on my brush but I also had to order a new hose that is much longer and it threads just fine from the air compressor to the air brush. Hope that helps.

If his old compressor had a tank, you could replace the old compressor motor with a fridge motor and pipe it in. I did that with an old craftsman "donut" compressor years ago. Bought the used fridge motor from a repair shop for $10. I used a piece of wood as a mounting adapter and soldered copper tube and fittings to pipe it into the tank. I hooked the motor wires into the old board and regulator. It's dead quiet and great for an apartment. You'll need to use compressor oil for cooling / lubrication.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back