Imperial welding droids I'D Thread

Ok the top turret part,The round part with the wild looking mufflers, is another part on droid 2 and I am wondering if they used the #26 part from the bulldog on the back!!!! It looks like there is glue there!!!!

The part from the italeri 1/35 m7 priest 71pc9c7TQ9L.jpg not from the bulldog.

Can someone with the 1/12 Renault check part B32 with the little part on the side of the Bulldog turret? There are definitely some indicators, but it is
hard to tell from pictures.

Oh! Also, check the Renault part used for the droid's arms. On the model it looks like parts were broken off, maybe they were cut. The knobby part missing from the arm looks very close to the part attached to B32 part on the side of the turrent.

The "eye" part on the Bulldog turret is E4 from the 1/12 Renault.

Last edited:
Can someone with the 1/12 Renault check part B32 with the little part on the side of the Bulldog turret? There are definitely some indicators, but it is
hard to tell from pictures.

Oh! Also, check the Renault part used for the droid's arms. On the model it looks like parts were broken off, maybe they were cut. The knobby part missing from the arm looks very close to the part attached to B32 part on the side of the turrent.

The "eye" part on the Bulldog turret is E4 from the 1/12 Renault.

i see the nipple part e4, but I think it is sitting in a round part! I dont have the kit in hand but when I do I will look at it. Maybe someone could post a better picof these parts!

l think the e4 is sitting in this part which is also from the Renault!!

Here is a pic of that other part that you were talking about!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hi guys and congrats on a great team effort .
I have been gone for a little while but would also love to build this.
I am confussed though are there two droids being discussed here?
A vader helmet and a scout one?
Are there any of you guys that have multiple parts of any id here that you wouod like to sell or possibly swap?
I don't have many kits but I would offer cash for some and you could buy more of something else that you need .
Shipping to us is too costly for kits that we only need a couple of parts.
Lmk if you do , sorry I haven't contributed to this build in any way,
Mars

Hi guys and congrats on a great team effort .
I have been gone for a little while but would also love to build this.
I am confussed though are there two droids being discussed here?
A vader helmet and a scout one?
Are there any of you guys that have multiple parts of any id here that you wouod like to sell or possibly swap?
I don't have many kits but I would offer cash for some and you could buy more of something else that you need .
Shipping to us is too costly for kits that we only need a couple of parts.
Lmk if you do , sorry I haven't contributed to this build in any way,
Mars

Heya Mars,
I have a number of parts you can have for both droids. I'm never going to have the time to do these, but you are welcome to what I have for your buildups.
PM me when you can & we'll talk.
Stu

I always had this utopian idea for the people who don't mind to build studio scale models with resin castings,...that if we all buy a kit or two and have somebody cast the kit parts for us we can built a lot of models on a "budget"
Like a collective built.
There is offcourse a big price difference in the kits so we all have to donate equally.
For example a 1/12 formula one car kit equals 3 or 4 1/35 kits etc.
And not to forget the extra costs of the silicone and resin and the labour costs of the caster.
But correct me if i am wrong,... in the end this will save us all big bucks and,.. if some are really generous with their allready on hand really hard to find/get kit parts it will help to be extra studio accurate,..Right!!!
If everybody/many will join in we can have a "bank" of model kit parts.
The only problems i see is who is going to be crazy enough to cast al these parts and who is going to manage the distribution?
Just dreaming i quess,....

I always had this utopian idea for the people who don't mind to build studio scale models with resin castings,...that if we all buy a kit or two and have somebody cast the kit parts for us we can built a lot of models on a "budget"
Like a collective built.
There is offcourse a big price difference in the kits so we all have to donate equally.
For example a 1/12 formula one car kit equals 3 or 4 1/35 kits etc.
And not to forget the extra costs of the silicone and resin and the labour costs of the caster.
But correct me if i am wrong,... in the end this will save us all big bucks and,.. if some are really generous with their allready on hand really hard to find/get kit parts it will help to be extra studio accurate,..Right!!!
If everybody/many will join in we can have a "bank" of model kit parts.
The only problems i see is who is going to be crazy enough to cast al these parts and who is going to manage the distribution?
Just dreaming i quess,....
What about a swap system, you offer what parts you have for casting and if someone else offers what you want ,both of you agree what you need ?

If the timing had been different I would have loved to offer this as a kit in the near future with some help for sourcing the rarer pieces. Too bad I got into this hobby on the Tie Bomber :)! Promised myself I would start and finish the Tie model and possible kit before another. I definitely agree that offering resin kits is the way to go with group work involved. That way everyone can have their own version!

A group attempt like that seems like a very good exercise in organization and team work. Clearly a big issue would be trust of the caster, but maybe multiple people cast sections of the model. Then each section can be separately relied on. That way an entire build is never lost or all of someone's donated parts.

I can swap a ton of parts if a trooper head becomes available, t62, flack, Renault, Gepard, lamps, wheels for both kits

- - - Updated - - -

This little model will cost over £260 in the UK if you started with no kits

Last edited:
Everyone goes in thinking it's gotta be easy to mold and cast all of these tiny kit parts, until they actually try to do it themselves and give up as soon as they realize how much money, materials, time and skill it actually takes to pull it off. Even on something this small.

Buying the kits for something like this is actually the easy part!

Still looking for the missing parts and the orange and light green tank part on the scout droid. I am and have been looking with new luck as of today.

as far as the scout head, waiting for Jason's word. If he can't acquire one then I will figure out how to get my off and cast it. I think it is vinyl, if so might heat it up and ease it off. Any more help on these parts would be great!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back