Imperial Probe Droid Pod

Redfinger

I am working on collecting my kits for a Imperial Probe Pos build. It is my first scratch build studio scale project.

I know there were 2 pods built, I will be doing the larger of the 2 based on the 8Rad.

Anyway I am still trying to figure out where the nozzle in the bottom came from, but mostly sure that I have sourced the other parts. Not sure how many kits I need of each yet.

Anyway, I see there have been a few versions of the 8Rad that has been produced by Tamyia. Can I use the more recent versions of this kit and still have it work, or do I need to source the Tamyia kits from the 70’s. Thanks.

Any Tamiya version of the 8rad will work, they are all the same kit, old or new. You can usually pick up the old ones for 20 bucks or less at swap meets and estate auctions, but online they're usually double that.

I am working on collecting my kits for a Imperial Probe Pos build. It is my first scratch build studio scale project.

I know there were 2 pods built, I will be doing the larger of the 2 based on the 8Rad.

Anyway I am still trying to figure out where the nozzle in the bottom came from, but mostly sure that I have sourced the other parts. Not sure how many kits I need of each yet.

Anyway, I see there have been a few versions of the 8Rad that has been produced by Tamyia. Can I use the more recent versions of this kit and still have it work, or do I need to source the Tamyia kits from the 70’s. Thanks.

Try the Tamiya 1/12 JPS MkIII for the nozzle. Its made up from three parts of the rim.

B1821AC1-321A-4FAE-A718-55DFEDED2CF7.jpeg

I dont know if you know but this is not my post. But obviously the author is not very active, or has abandoned his project.

hello,
I will help you of course, only I'm on vacation at the moment and I'm only coming back in a week. I believe there is a post on the same subject here.

hello,
I will help you of course, only I'm on vacation at the moment and I'm only coming back in a week. I believe there is a post on the same subject here.
Thanks I appreciate it. When you get back just let me know. I found other posts but one part number was wrong. Maybe they changed it. I got all the 232 parts and all but one of the 223 parts. The one part in question is VHE-150. The part was listed as VHE -150 which is not on their page anymore. I found that VHE-48 has the same dimensions as VHE-150 so I will find out when the VHE-48 parts get here.

For both 223 and 232 I ordered these parts
VHE-40 x 5
LF-416 x 10
LF-3 x 5
VHE-48 x 5
LF-116 x 5

Last edited:
Just one question, are you ordering from USA or UK? Because if I remember correctly, the parts do not have the same references.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back