Imperial Probe Droid Pod

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Redfinger

I am working on collecting my kits for a Imperial Probe Pos build. It is my first scratch build studio scale project.

I know there were 2 pods built, I will be doing the larger of the 2 based on the 8Rad.

Anyway I am still trying to figure out where the nozzle in the bottom came from, but mostly sure that I have sourced the other parts. Not sure how many kits I need of each yet.

Anyway, I see there have been a few versions of the 8Rad that has been produced by Tamyia. Can I use the more recent versions of this kit and still have it work, or do I need to source the Tamyia kits from the 70’s. Thanks.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Studio Kitbash

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Any Tamiya version of the 8rad will work, they are all the same kit, old or new. You can usually pick up the old ones for 20 bucks or less at swap meets and estate auctions, but online they're usually double that.

Hammer3246

Sr Member
I am working on collecting my kits for a Imperial Probe Pos build. It is my first scratch build studio scale project.

I know there were 2 pods built, I will be doing the larger of the 2 based on the 8Rad.

Anyway I am still trying to figure out where the nozzle in the bottom came from, but mostly sure that I have sourced the other parts. Not sure how many kits I need of each yet.

Anyway, I see there have been a few versions of the 8Rad that has been produced by Tamyia. Can I use the more recent versions of this kit and still have it work, or do I need to source the Tamyia kits from the 70’s. Thanks.

Try the Tamiya 1/12 JPS MkIII for the nozzle. Its made up from three parts of the rim.