Imperial jumpsuit sleeve pocket question

Gatekeeper

Sr Member
A question for those in the know - what's the shape of that left sleeve pocket? You know, the one for tools/code cylinders...

sleeve_pocket_shape.JPG

As far as screengrabs can tell, the shape is one of the above. Anyone seen a screen-used jumpsuit close up and could enlighten me?

My Corellian Exports AT-AT Driver Flightsuit has a pocket that is shaped like the one on the right.

I can take this a step further with the stiching on both ANH (left) & RotJ (right) suits:

ANH_pocket.gif
RotJ_pocket.gif

The top of the pocket is open, btw. Does this help?

Umm, since when was the ANH pocket different?

Post proof please.

Every reference I've seen shows the angled corner pocket. X-Wing Pilot, Rebel Tech, Imp tech (same jumpsuit, Imps had the cog and wore hats), and thats just from ANH.

Oh, and on the angled pocket, there are no vertical seams in the lower section.

<div class='quotetop'>(JHVanOphem @ Jun 9 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1259064[/snapback]</div>
Umm, since when was the ANH pocket different?

Post proof please.

Every reference I've seen shows the angled corner pocket. X-Wing Pilot, Rebel Tech, Imp tech (same jumpsuit, Imps had the cog and wore hats), and thats just from ANH.

Oh, and on the angled pocket, there are no vertical seams in the lower section.
[/b]

39d90af2.jpg

The photo on the left is from the Berman's & Nathans auction; photo on the left comes from the Art of Star Wars exhibit. Oh, and you're right about no vertical seams in the lower section -- forgot to shorten up those lines. Fixed post.

Any more pics of that Berman's & Nathans Auction? That suit is very different from all the rest.

Whats with the extra pocket on top of the chest pocket? And is that a flap on the uppermost pocket?

If it wasn't for the cog, I'd say its the wrong suit. The cog may have been applied for the auction though?

I guess the real question is is that suit seen on screen anywhere?

The ANH TIE flightsuit is supposed to be a lot different from the regular OT Imperial jumpsuits. It is a two-piece, with a vest covering the upper body - that can be seen in the above pic (the part looking like an action pleat). The vests would explain the strange pocket config mentioned above.

anh_pilots.JPG

It does look like the pilots are wearing a sleeveless garment over their jumpsuits in the above pic...

What an odd suit.

It appears to be a vest overtop of the jumpsuit. The jumpsuit matches 2 out of 3 pocket details. Why the armtool pocket doesn't match is peculiar.

With the pockets,I thought the vest might have been similar to the Han or RFT vest, but it doesn't match up with those either.

I guess it remains to be seen if that suit can be seen on screen. That armtool pocket should make it unique enough to spot.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back