IG-88 Build (Full Body) - FINSHED! Pg. 6

You all put LFL to shame at this convention! It really looked like LFL didn't care at all . . . they didn't even have a Star Wars booth with all the stuff they have planned for the near future. AWESOME work on the IG-88!!! It's the crown jewel in this line of bounty hunters!

Sad that all the cool stuff came from the fans and none from LFL...regardless, awesome build!:thumbsup

FYi -- I'm going to put up a website that details all the steps I took to build this thing. Surprisingly, I was able to register IG-88.com! So that's where I'll put everything. Nothing there yet, though.

IG-88 is standing in my SW collection room now. Every once in a while I'll go in there and stare at him. He's lonely!

Scott

FYi -- I'm going to put up a website that details all the steps I took to build this thing. Surprisingly, I was able to register IG-88.com! So that's where I'll put everything. Nothing there yet, though.

IG-88 is standing in my SW collection room now. Every once in a while I'll go in there and stare at him. He's lonely!

Scott

I look forward to seeing it. An incredible build and better finish.

WOW!
IG-88 has to be one of my all time fav droids, and you have really brought him to life.
Seeing that lineup of bounty hunters was *most* impressive

That looks amazing. Always loved IG88. Felt even more sinister than Fett.

Was kind of bemused how agile they made them in Clone Wars recently.
They were leaping around. ha.

Glad this thread is still entertaining. :) Right now IG is standing in my workroom, trying to be funning by wearing an Imperial Gunner helmet. He keeps waiting for me to comment but I'm just pretending I haven't noticed. He sure is patient, though.

Scott

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body)

I might have been the person who posted my lifesized IG88 droid, from 3 years ago. A friend helped me make all the masters and we molded the body, arms, feet, and lots of the parts that go on, and used PVC pipes for the legs....even made the head from scratch, but now have castings from my derwent flametube to get more accurate heads..

P1000284-1.jpg

P1000282-1.jpg

P1000281-1.jpg

P1000280-1.jpg

P1000278-1.jpg

P1000274.jpg
I want to make one but getting an original Combustion Canister or 3D printing one is out of the question. I figure I might be able to scratch one but What are the specs of his head? height? With?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back