I would REALLY like to see this movie!!!

But if it has Depp in it, then it's mandatory that Tim Burton MUST direct it. You know that right?...

:lol

I'm like this: if they make ANY Leagues-related movie other than mine, it will fail. I don't say that because I wrote VULCANIA, but because I am a real, Honest-To-Goff Leaguer since February of 1954 and I KNOW better than anybody else on this planet what will work and what won't.

I built the submarine and the diving suits. There's nobody in existence or history who ever came anywhere close to being as Nemo as I am. And to understand Nemo, you must BE Nemo.

I'm really the only guy on the planet who can tell this story. Everything else is going to be a waste of time and money, and in the end they'll regret doing it.

Will Disney be smart enough to realize that? We'll see.

If not, it's their loss: they need a blockbuster movie more than I do. I'm actually retired and digging it. I'm only doing this because I love Leagues.

But I'm just a little guy, so the Leaguers will probably get stuck with:

Scene One: (Fade in to abstract scene of Nemo swimming around naked in a fishbowl...)

Pseudo intellectuals. Bah!

If there wasn't a profanity block on this site, I'd tell ya how I REALLY feel about it! :lol

Last edited:
Worse than when McGee was going to do it with Will Smith playing Nemo!?!?!?!

I totally dig Will Smith's acting. He's GREAT. Just not as Nemo. It doesn't work for anyone. Just shows how in touch the people making those movies really are.

Guaranteed FAIL. :rolleyes

Don't forget Helena Bonham Carter! :lol

Heh! It's funny, you know. I always thought Nemo got a bum rap; so I wanted to show him as a human being. "This aint yer father's oldsmobile." The characters aren't fresh from March of the Wooden Soldiers. I portray these guys as men; and I'll go so far as to say there is at least one beautiful seductive women (tastefully presented) in this story, too.

Helena's fine; the woman in the book is a little different. If you could blend a young Elvira with an even younger Tracy Lords, maybe.... :love

I'll be honest: I don't know much at all about Ms. Carter. I don't get out much... They just took off the straight jacket and gave me my crayons back. I'm not even supposed to be in the Rec room, much less using the computer. :confused

We're making progress with the limited leather first edition of the book and I'm happy with how that's going. I do believe we're going to do a version for sale in hard cover.

I hope Disney makes a movie for the 60th Anniversary of Leagues in 2014, even if it isn't mine.

Nemo’s story is a good one; and I feel I was able to tell it well because his life and mine share uncanny similarities. In a way, I understand him because I am him. I know for a fact there isn’t anyone else on this planet with the insight to write anything comparable to VULCANIA. It's going to be an underwater techno-geeks delight.

As a possible shortcoming, it gets intensely real in its treatment of the characters as flesh and blood human beings in adverse circumstances; maybe too real for Disney. It is also occasionally irreverent and sometimes extremely brutal. It deals with aspects of humanity gentle people may not want to face.

And it’s a story with a powerful message relevant to the present: one that needs to be delivered now more than ever. I felt like it had to be that way. I was going for the truth; not a commercial product.

I wasn't planning on a squid; but if I was gonna write one in, I'd probably prefer Helena Bonham Carter over, say, Wilford Brimley.

Last edited:
Not so sure about Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson portraying a Maori. Facial and body structure are wrong for a start and I'd really see him struggling with the accent in all honesty.

Hate to say it, but it's just not believable.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back