I Think I Have A Problem / Obsession.

JehdinThwei

Of course, asking for validation from people here might be like asking a group full of women if it's wrong to like chocolate so much (No hate PMs from women, please).

Seriously, how do I entertain any guests at all and try to explain this o_O

obsession009.jpg

obsession010.jpg

obsession007.jpg

obsession002.jpg

obsession001.jpg

obsession003.jpg

obsession006.jpg

obsession004.jpg

obsession005.jpg

obsession011.jpg

Pictures not of any quality. They're just point and shoot from someone who might need to see a shrink if this keeps up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Well, that's my opinion. ...but what in the world would the rest of the world think? A cop came to my door last night to ask if I had heard or seen anything regarding some recent vandalism that took place in our neighborhood. She was VERY attractive. But instead of inviting her in I stepped out into the hall to talk with her. That is what spurred this thread. I have a date tonight, and don't know if I should be hiding half of this shiz "just in case".

From my perspective, it's part of what makes you, you. Hiding half of it? I'm not big on changing things for appearances. From an outside perspective you collect predator items. Who said that she doesn't? That is a bit farfetched for sure but why couldn't she simply appreciate that your into something other than something like drinking?

My in-laws don't say much about my pred stuff. Half of it they realize I sculpted or painted so there is a creative point for me. My mom is only interested in the stuff I created. Other than that it's just a matter of telling them the significance. If that makes sense.

My wife actually bought me mostly pred related items for Christmas too. So, unless there is really something wrong with you, why change?

If you have to explain to guests then you say '...... you come knocking on my door, your not welcome here no more. Yackaty Yack, don't come back....'

That is still one awesome collection you have there. Its what makes you you, without it you wouldn't be the same so there is no need to hide your piece or explain it. Its like people having a photo edited picture of the Mona Lisa on there wall - do they explain it?

Women will either think its cool and totally support what you do, or they won't get it at all. If they don't get it, they either reject it totally or they will tolerate it.

Either way, do NOT ever, under ANY circumstances let any woman tell you that its a childish hobby and that you choose between her or the Pred stuff.

My wife gives me critiques and advice on my paintups and aside from you guys, she's my best critic. She accepts because she knows how much I enjoy working on it. Women may not enjoy it...in fact, very few do, but if they plan on being with you, they have to either accept it or reject it. Its really no different than a woman who buys tons of clothing and has closets full of clothes, boots, shoes, purses and makeup. Its money spent on a collection. Everyone has something...ours just happens to be cooler than most other collections ;)

LOL. Good points!!! I suppose I should not be concerned about "image", but if I walked into a woman's house and saw the walls covered with Pretty Pony collectibles, I would be like "WTF?" . I realize that Predators are bad ass, and not the same as Pretty Pony, but that is in OUR opinion only. I just think that sometimes, like with the neighbor lady I have been seeing, it's better to bring them into the obsession / hobby / collection more gradually, than to thump them on the head with it right away. And when someone walks into my living room, they are definitely thumped.

If you have to explain to guests then you say '...... you come knocking on my door, your not welcome here no more. Yackaty Yack, don't come back....'

That is still one awesome collection you have there. Its what makes you you, without it you wouldn't be the same so there is no need to hide your piece or explain it. Its like people having a photo edited picture of the Mona Lisa on there wall - do they explain it?
Though I understand your perspective on this, I disagree. Explaining it gives the opportunity for them to understand. Would you like to have people over that don't want to hear about you? Or, would you like another chance to talk about predators?

I'd rather see my mother-in-laws eyes gloss over then to have her not want to hear what I have to say. On the other hand, my mother wanted to know what made the Lost Hunters different. Until you talk to them about, you really don't know where they'll fall.

...it's better to bring them into the obsession / hobby / collection more gradually, than to thump them on the head with it right away. And when someone walks into my living room, they are definitely thumped.

Ah, sod 'em. I usually smack them with my little obsessions on the first date - I figure if they can't handle the truth straight away then they're not worth pursuing at all. So I bring out that I collect various figurines, that I make custom My Little Ponies and that I'm a cosplayer.

They either stay or go. The past few have gone :D

Seriously, if they can't accept that you have a hobby then they're not worth the bother. Find someone who's into the same shiz as you. You shouldn't have to change yourself just to get a date or have a long-term relationship. You are who you are. If they don't like it, it's their loss. That's my view, and probably why I'm single...

I say tell them straight up and bollocks to them if they find it weird or slightly creepy. It's your hobby. They need to deal with it.

Oh, I have no problems getting dates or having relationships (other than being a bit of a dog about it at times). I'm merely talking about first impressions and having company over :)

First off Bill it's not a problem... you're collection needs additions asap in my opinion ;)
I suffer the most with OCD(obscessed collectors disorder) with the rarest kind POCD, yep the P is for Predator :D There's plenty more room if you wanna join the POCD gang

First off Bill it's not a problem... you're collection needs additions asap in my opinion ;)
I suffer the most with OCD(obscessed collectors disorder) with the rarest kind POCD, yep the P is for Predator :D There's plenty more room if you wanna join the POCD gang

LMAO. Well, make room for me bro, 'cause I don't see the illness waning at all :)

Like I said... bollocks to 'em if they have a problem with it :cool:

That, like you and others have said, might be the best way to go. I'm still not convicned. The Bios will never come down, but I still might tuck away the 29 - 6" figures from time to time :p

Nah, you should be proud of your collection! I never put my figures away when I have people over, if anything they're conversation pieces, especially if I've been messing around with them and they're in slightly dubious poses.

Maybe subtle placement of them so they're not immediately obvious? Like position them around the room, have them peeking out from behind bookcases and stuff. The little falter in people's voices when they spot them is hilarious. I've done this. It's entertaining. They're hidden, and if they're discovered, then the conversation will become just that little more surreal.

Hey you are who you are. My wife helps me find most of my collectibles lol. In fact I have turned her into a bit of a comic book nerd, but the pred and aliens gross her out. She doesnt mind though because it makes me happy. I get some looks when co-workers see my collection, but they really appreciate the time and care I put into it. Its a hobby, and maybe a bit of an obession. I suffer from the same one brother lol. FYI though, I love the diorama with the classic pred, looks AWESOME!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back