I ROBOT Spooner ID and Badge

Walter

Master Member
I just thought I should change the title of the thread to keep up with the current discussion.

-Bryan

I know someone did a run of the Spooner ID from I ROBOT, but how was it made? What was used for the hologram smart chip thing?

Who did the run?

After seeing Bothanspy's for sale thread, I am really curious as to how this was made.

-Bryan

Originally posted by bbabich@Mar 10 2006, 07:07 PM
I know someone did a run of the Spooner ID from I ROBOT, but how was it made?  What was used for the hologram smart chip thing? 

Who did the run? 

After seeing Bothanspy's for sale thread, I am really curious as to how this was made. 

-Bryan
[snapback]1203085[/snapback]​

ohhh no... what "for sale" thread?

*EDIT* i found it...

thought it was the light up wallet and badge... did ANYONE do one of those?

NWJEDI
dave

Well... I just purchased the one on the FS thread... So I guess I will find out how it was made first hand.

;)

So did anyone ever do the light up badge prop?

Gary, thanks for the PM...

-Bryan

I believe from the old thread that the weave pattern was carbon matt, and the holograms were wireless? smart card connections?

David

Had to back out of the JY purchase as I had a little "incident" (read about it in the OT) that caused an unexpected shortage of funds. Glad that bbabich was able to take advantage of it.

Here's some pictures that I have of the ID and it's construction. I think most, if not all the images, were posted here before.

badge_tk.jpg

FontChi.jpg

IrobotID.jpg

You can definately see from this screen used ID that it's done in layers...
1102359674146_PC_I_Robot_016.jpg

I would definately be all over a lit up version. I thought a few people were working on one but never saw much happen. I did remember seeing a badge that was coming along nicely, appeared that it would light up as advertised but then... nothing.
badgex3.jpg

SG-

I just read your OT post and I am really sorry about the accident. I am just glad that you are ok.

In regards to the badge prop, those are some great pics of the ID.

I hope at some point someone does decide to pick the badge part of the project up... as I would be very interested. I have to admit I did not LOVE the movie, but the props in this movie were killer.

-Bryan

Originally posted by turok96@Mar 16 2006, 05:50 AM
Any update on this?
[snapback]1206904[/snapback]​

Juan, check out the link I posted in regards to the larger Chicago Police emblem. If you are referring to more info on this project? The images that I posted above were used to replicate the Spooner ID that Bothanspy purchased on Ebay and later sold in the JY. As for the lighted badge? I'm not sure but it's been stagnant for quite some time. If you are asking regarding the PM that Bothanspy sent to bbabich? That was just to inform him that I had to turn down the ID he was selling and he was next in line to purchase it.

I think that about covers it... :lol

Unless you're talking about something else entirely?

I think that about sums everything up. ;)

I think the light up badge project died a slow death. It may turn out to be one of those things that comes up from time to time and then disappears again. The light up badge is not an east project to tackle, so it is not like you can blame anyone for not wanting to take it on.

Just my

2 cents

-Bryan

Originally posted by SurferGeek+Mar 16 2006, 01:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Mar 16 2006, 01:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-turok96
@Mar 16 2006, 05:50 AM
Any update on this?
[snapback]1206904[/snapback]​

Juan, check out the link I posted in regards to the larger Chicago Police emblem. If you are referring to more info on this project? The images that I posted above were used to replicate the Spooner ID that Bothanspy purchased on Ebay and later sold in the JY. As for the lighted badge? I'm not sure but it's been stagnant for quite some time. If you are asking regarding the PM that Bothanspy sent to bbabich? That was just to inform him that I had to turn down the ID he was selling and he was next in line to purchase it.

I think that about covers it... :lol

Unless you're talking about something else entirely?
[snapback]1206907[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks for an update surfergeek. I guess it sums it up, but hopefully one day this will end up a completely finished project and for sale in the JY. By the way, Irish jedi those are nice close up pics of the the id and badge, thanks for sharing them with the rest of us. :D

Well, I don't believe the wallet is leather at all. Is it me or doesn't that look like Kydex? Very similar to the ST TOS comm shell.

The link that surfer geek posted to the large pic of the Chicago "Star" image was one that I did back when this project was going strong. I am not entirely convinced it is correct, but did the best I could with the info we had at the time. I'm glad someone thought it was good enough to use on an actual prop. Sorry I missed the post in the JY.

I am really interested in this prop too. the card looks really doable. And I agreed, the wallet looks like hard textured plastic on the inside.

How about the badge? are there any sources for the badge that can be lit up?

Did it light up upon opening and was it just the badge? you can see some wiring going accross the spine, just wondering if there are lights in the ID area too...seems you could put all the LED and wiring on the badge side if you wanted to.

I'd love to see this come together, my spooner guns need some company :D

mutt

Not sure what "Kydex" is, a brand name perhaps. BUT, I have at work, 1/8 inch thinck ABS plastic withthat same "haircell" pattern on it. Not too sure how easy it would be to cut something 2 or 3 layers thick like that, but..........
As for the i.d. parts, most of the graphic files were posted here at one time or another. Mayne someone has them archived and can re-host/ post them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back