I Need Ideas!

LordEnfys

I have an old non functioning glue gun that i want to use as the base of a futuristic/sci fi gun prop... But i cant decide on a design... So i turn to you fine folks and ask for suggestions so i can hopefully get over my "maker's block". Haaaalp!

Do you want a 50's style ray-gun with the grooves, ridges and flared out flash hider or something a little more "realistic" - ala Star Wars and similar style guns that look more like actual weapons?

If you posted a picture of the actual glue gun you have, it may help with ideas, as the shape of the piece may generate a specific look.

Here is the glue gun. I plan to remove the internals and maybe repurpose them to other things... It doesn't heat properly anymore so i decided to heck with it, it was a dollarama special anyway :)

Attachments

• 15651194072098865194030159439629.jpg
    15651194072098865194030159439629.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 72
Do you want a 50's style ray-gun with the grooves, ridges and flared out flash hider or something a little more "realistic" - ala Star Wars and similar style guns that look more like actual weapons?
While I appreciate the foundations provided by the 50's style sci fi, i do not enjoy it myself, aesthetically speaking. I'm a huge fan of the modern sci fi aesthetic with the realistic style guns (see attachment for example)

Attachments

• pistol.jpg
    pistol.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 904
I follow you completely regarding the fifties style ray guns. They look too non-functional to me.

If you cut away the top of the glue gun - basically follow the edge where it curves in at the top, where the screws are, you can use the rest as a grip for your gun and then build onto it. I think it could actually work well for a rifle of some kind, added the barrel and some greeblies. Real weapons don't have much flourish and unnecessary details / material, so keeping it slim and sleek could be an option.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and if others come up with some cool suggestions. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back