HP Font Database

There are plenty more letters. The letter from Dumbledore to Dursleys, letter from Dumbledore to Gringotts, HP2 letters, Hogsmeade permission slips, the letter from Dumbledore to Azkaban and MANY more. And it is never too late to learn calligraphy. Good luck!
Exactly! There are so many different letters, so it would be nice to do them by hand! But its also nice to have Digital copy so I can print easily and give to friends etc or giveaway prices! Thank you so very much! I'll probably never get to Miraphoras level, but definitely hoping :D

Exactly! There are so many different letters, so it would be nice to do them by hand! But its also nice to have Digital copy so I can print easily and give to friends etc or giveaway prices! Thank you so very much! I'll probably never get to Miraphoras level, but definitely hoping :D
I would absolutely say that you can get to her level. And most of letters from what I see, at least the ones I mentioned were half-digital. Like that typewriter one I posted. I'd recommend to buy a tracing table and some ink and Leonardt nibs and just practice.

I would absolutely say that you can get to her level. And most of letters from what I see, at least the ones I mentioned were half-digital. Like that typewriter one I posted. I'd recommend to buy a tracing table and some ink and Leonardt nibs and just practice.
Thank you so much for the tips and encouragement! I will definitely! Again, thank you!

P22 Kells Sqaure- used on Title of Beedle the bard- Font Family Page
The font used on the title looks more like Lindisfarne (Font Family Page) to me. Compare some of the letters:

Font Detail.jpg

More fonts used on Beedle the Bard:

P22 Numismatic (Font Family Page) - used on title page for the words "FOR LITTLE PEOPLE"

Harlem Text (Font Family Page) - used on title page for the word "London"

P22 Koch Signs (Font Family Page):
  • P22 Koch Signs 1 - body text of the story "Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump"
  • P22 Koch Signs 2 - body text of the story "The Warlock's Hairy Heart" and all page numbers in the book
  • P22 Koch Signs 3 - body text of the story "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot"
  • P22 Koch Signs 4 - body text of the story "The Fountain of Fair Fortune", symbols on the picture frames and chapter initial caps
  • P22 Koch Signs 5 - body text of the story "The Tale of the Three Brothers"

The font used on the title looks more like Lindisfarne (Font Family Page) to me. Compare some of the letters:

View attachment 1043938

More fonts used on Beedle the Bard:

P22 Numismatic (Font Family Page) - used on title page for the words "FOR LITTLE PEOPLE"

Harlem Text (Font Family Page) - used on title page for the word "London"

P22 Koch Signs (Font Family Page):
  • P22 Koch Signs 1 - body text of the story "Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump"
  • P22 Koch Signs 2 - body text of the story "The Warlock's Hairy Heart" and all page numbers in the book
  • P22 Koch Signs 3 - body text of the story "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot"
  • P22 Koch Signs 4 - body text of the story "The Fountain of Fair Fortune", symbols on the picture frames and chapter initial caps
  • P22 Koch Signs 5 - body text of the story "The Tale of the Three Brothers"
As far as I know, the cover title was fully redrawn, and not a font. Although it was indeed based on a pre-existing type.

You are right about the other P22 fonts. Those were indeed used.

The Harlem Text one is correct.

The other font used for the title page is Archive Modern II.

The Lindisfarne/Kells Square from the title page doesn't seem quite right to me either. Doesn't seem to be either of those fonts honestly. I suspect it might be one of the Dover Publications fonts.

The big rune illustration from the title page looks like a mix of the Koch symbols from the Book of Signs by Rudolf Koch.

The serif type font from the Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump illustration is one of the Decadence fonts.

The titles from every inside page seem to be the P22 Woodcut font.

The font used for the illustration captions is 1509 Leyden.

Hey there everyone, I am hoping to draw from members font of knowledge and resources to see if anyone has and would be willing to share the "Prison Pro" font. I need it for a project to create an as-accurate-as-possible 2nd edition Advanced Potion-Making book, and this font is used only for the page numbers.

Anyone out there willing and able to help?

Does anyone have a better sample of the "Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s" pamphlet?
I've been seeking one for years so I can properly identify the font used for O.W.L.s.

cramitOWLS.png

The other fonts were easy. "cram it!" is Gideon and "How To Soar on Your" is Sloopy. But for the rest, well, a nice clean copy scanned from a prop book or just a larger screenshot would help immensely.

YES! Beautiful. Perfect. Thank You so much a438980. Wherever did you find it?

It's just part of a huge collection of HP prop images I've collected over the years. While I do know that it was in a book, I have no clue which one. Glad it could help though. If you look carefully you'll notice that the B&W pages they tried to hide on one side by folding it in are the exact same pages that you can see unfolded on the other side.
At least some of what is in the B&W section is taken from old books. To help you recreate this, here is some of what came directly from an old book by Paracelsus. Hope this helps!

Pages.png

Does anyone know where these letters came from? Possibly a book on Typography? Could be a cut and paste job, but it would have to be a full alphabet or perhaps a combination of two? If it is a font, I certainly couldn't find it.
09-22-19.challenge.png

These images came from the CIRQUS ARCANUS banners in Fantastic Beasts, am I in the right thread?

Does anyone know where these letters came from? Possibly a book on Typography? Could be a cut and paste job, but it would have to be a full alphabet or perhaps a combination of two? If it is a font, I certainly couldn't find it.
View attachment 1061602

These images came from the CIRQUS ARCANUS banners in Fantastic Beasts, am I in the right thread?
I found it before but I don't recall where exactly. I do remember though that it is an old book with types used for letterpress or signwriting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back