HP Font Database

Thank you. I bought one of their books already for the Honeydukes font. Did you already have that? Will have a look for the other now too!

Hello all!

I am particulary interested in the fonts used in edition 4 of Advanced potion making.

The 'advanced' and 'potion making' are already known (Thanks LorduDesign for the identification)

As I read through this post I noticed you saying that there is a difference between edition II and IV.
I think the body font is still the same but the title font is different, am I right?

I am also unable to identify the 'Advanced Potion Making' font at the back of edition 4. I struggle between a few font families but none of them have
that closed 'G'.

Can anybody help me out with some good clarifications?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a better match for the Monster Book Titles font. :)

Attachments

• MonsterBook-Regular.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 53
  • MonsterBook-Regular.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 35
LorduDesign Do you know what font this is (referring to the main text, not the headlines)? :D Seen from the equipment list from the Hogwarts letter! Been looking everywhere for it and I'm in no luck! 1034912

LorduDesign Do you know what font this is (referring to the main text, not the headlines)? :D Seen from the equipment list from the Hogwarts letter! Been looking everywhere for it and I'm in no luck! View attachment 1034912
It's not a font that was released anywhere. It was created by Minalima for the credits sequence of the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Also, the actual HP1-HP3 letters did not use that. They were fully handwritten (in a very different style from the one you posted by the way) besides a little serif text on the bottom, which is done with an old Garamond type. While the Hogwarts letters from HP5 onwards were using the HP3 credits font.

It's not a font that was released anywhere. It was created by Minalima for the credits sequence of the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Also, the actual HP1-HP3 letters did not use that. They were fully handwritten (in a very different style from the one you posted by the way) besides a little serif text on the bottom, which is done with an old Garamond type. While the Hogwarts letters from HP5 onwards were using the HP3 credits font.
Thank you so much :D I found this in the Diagon Alley scrapbook and it's the only equipment list I have been able to find! Do you know if it's "correct" or if there's a screen accurate somewhere? Been looking all over, and I can't seem to find any!

Thank you so much :D I found this in the Diagon Alley scrapbook and it's the only equipment list I have been able to find! Do you know if it's "correct" or if there's a screen accurate somewhere? Been looking all over, and I can't seem to find any!
There's one on display at the House of Minalima. One that Mira handwrote for the film. I have some photos of that prop from private sources too, but I'm not of liberty to share.

There's also another version from HP1, that is half-handwritten/half-typed. It looks like this:
20117178_1711029922286616_4227591132785519726_o.jpg20229553_1711029992286609_7554005067144245437_o.jpg

That's the one Harry had at the Diagon Alley.

That's the one they did for the HP5. Harry had it laying around in his bedroom at the Dursleys' house.
img20180428_13183704.jpg
While the one from HP7.1 is the one you usually see on prints etc.
Harry Potter Acceptance Letter_MinaLima.jpg
It used handwritten signatures for the printed prop though.
6998548420_da1920fd6a_k.jpg

That's the one they did for the HP5. Harry had it laying around in his bedroom at the Dursleys' house.
View attachment 1035238
While the one from HP7.1 is the one you usually see on prints etc.
View attachment 1035239
Oh my! I didn't know there was that many different versions! I did notice that some were different, but I didn't know they used different ones for the films! Thank you so much for all these photos!! They definitely help! I guess ill just make a mix of all of them.. that way they all represent each movie? :lol:

Oh my! I didn't know there was that many different versions! I did notice that some were different, but I didn't know they used different ones for the films! Thank you so much for all these photos!! They definitely help! I guess ill just make a mix of all of them.. that way they all represent each movie? :lol:
Are you going to try doing it by hand? Or heading more of a digital route?

Are you going to try doing it by hand? Or heading more of a digital route?
I have already recreated the envelope and acceptance letter (one of the versions anyway), I just need the equipment list. I have also made one that is closer to what is described in the books :)

For now.. digital! But I do want to learn calligraphy and be able to make them by hand in the future!
There are plenty more letters. The letter from Dumbledore to Dursleys, letter from Dumbledore to Gringotts, HP2 letters, Hogsmeade permission slips, the letter from Dumbledore to Azkaban and MANY more. And it is never too late to learn calligraphy. Good luck!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back