How to blend the edges of reusable silicone elf ears?

Goldhawk

I'm just getting into using silicone prosthetics, so I need some advice. I have a set of reusable silicone elf ears from Geekling Creations. I love how realistic they look, but I have absolutely no clue how to blend the edges in to make them less noticeable. I'm fairly certain from what I've read that it's impossible to make them invisible unless they're one time use, which these are definitely not. But I'm looking for a way I can have a blended enough edge that I can put my hair up and it won't be immediately obvious.
I'm currently using skin-tite to attach the prosthetics, but can I blend with that too?
Any advice is appreciated!

1591639600937.png

Picture is of ears attached but unblended. I'm also working on learning how to attach them well too.

Silibond is a great prosthetic Adhesive exclusive to Silicone.
Silicone is a pretty tough prosthetic and there's many reasons why we only use them once due to the fact that after silicone has "cured" it may stick to everything but doesn't truly bond to anything else, like those sticky hands you get from the quarter machine.
Encapsulating the piece in a "spray on plastic process" let's us apply the piece in the first place. After it is removed this encapsulation is literally melted and can't really be put back together.
I would definitely try the Silibond in a tiny bottle. This stuff has helped me get FX Make-Ups to last all day. If it lifts, reactivate with a lil Alcohol and press together again being a contact adhesive and helps make the edges, thinner and more skin tight.
As for the blending of the edges, as stated above, it's tough to do things twice, especially with silicone.
Maybe find some Silicone Blenders or get creative with ear jewelry to make the edges fade.
Hope this kind of helps, good luck!

Last edited:
To follow up on this.
I did find that after using skin-tite to create a layer that faded from the edge of the prosthetic down to skin level, I was able to remove that layer with it still attached to the prosthetic when I removed the ear. Leaving that little flap of silicone at the edge instead of peeling it off has helped some with blending, although I still am experimenting with matching makeup to my skin and the ear where it doesn't look too powdery.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back