How Star Wars exists for me now...

To Me, Star wars is the stories that George Lucas told. And by extension, the ones that Dave filoni is telling.

There is not a single disney movie that I have wanted to watch more than once
I know it's not a movie but have you watched The Madalorian?

This is so true.

I dont know if it's just me, but is it so much easier to ignore the ST??

I ignore them entirely. I have seen all of the Disney crap, it isn't Star Wars, I have no interest in ever seeing any of them again, with the possible exception of Rogue One. I'm disgusted that I even bought some of the others. They're going to rot on the shelf. I have zero interest at all.

I liked Rogue One,it felt like Star Wars...The other 3 piles of Bantha turd,what can i say no characters,no deveolpment,a story that goes nowhere.

Rey is craptastic, and i hate how the plonkers go on about her role for women everywhere,..What about Leia?, tortured by Vader,led a rebellion,watched as Alderran was destroyed yet still would not cave in.Rey!!..pants if you ask me.

As for the other characters not a single one stands out as someone i'd care about.Give me another Solo movie and i maybe happy (i'm one of the few that likes Solo or so it seems)

The Mandalorian is amazeballs so thats ok

I would really like Donald Glover to do a standalone Lando Calrissian movie! Han Solo could be the cameo in that one.

Let him go to Bespin cloud city just to do some business with the administration there. Along the way find out that there is a huge slave trade, underground criminal organization, insert any other nefarious activity here, he is drawn in to get involved with it and ultimately leads a rebellion that overthrows the Administration. He is then given Bespin cloud city and becomes the governor of it.

I would really like Donald Glover to do a standalone Lando Calrissian movie! Han Solo could be the cameo in that one.

Let him go to Bespin cloud city just to do some business with the administration there. Along the way find out that there is a huge slave trade, underground criminal organization, insert any other nefarious activity here, he is drawn in to get involved with it and ultimately leads a rebellion that overthrows the Administration. He is then given Bespin cloud city and becomes the governor of it.
Then we can learn when and why...

-He shaved the bearded part of his face!
-He started perming/relaxing his hair!
-He started wearing a blue shirt!
-Lobot started working for him!

And many more answers to questions we never had!

I'm half-joking. I really liked Glover in the role, but I absolutely do not need Calrissian: A Star Wars Story. No more than I needed what they ended up doing with Solo, anyway.

Last edited:
Seeing Luke drink sea cow milk straight from the tiddy isn't the issue. The issue is seeing Luke run and hide from his responsibilities. Now I can see Luke reach a point where he feels he's doing more harm than good and remove himself from the picture. But when his sister seeks his help LUKE SKYWALKER would drop the tiddies and everything else and come to help, because that's what LUKE SKYWALKER does. Mark himself has said he had to think of the sequel character as Jake Skywalker because he certainly wasn't Luke.
Im pretty sure we've been through this all before.

But, Luke, in his mind isn't hiding from his responsibilities. He's doing what he thinks is good for the galaxy, for the long term.

To Me, Star wars is the stories that George Lucas told. And by extension, the ones that Dave filoni is telling.

There is not a single disney movie that I have wanted to watch more than once
Disney isn't making the movies. Lucasfilm is. Like Dave Filoni's The Clone Wars season 7.

Semantics. Lucasfilm under the Disney banner.
Not really. Disney is the distributor. They set the release dates, and that stuff. Lucasfilm is the production company. They are the ones actually making the Star Wars films and shows.

But either way it doesn't matter The Clone Wars (season 7) and The Mandalorian are apart of that so called "Disney" Star Wars as well.

Then we can learn when and why...

-He started perming/relaxing his hair!
-He started wearing a blue shirt!
-He shaved the bearded part of his face!
-Lobot started working for him!

And many more answers to questions we never had!

And with him being the big boss of the place, interviewing people for jobs.....like the ice cream maker guy. Totally need to know why hes there and what hes doing.

EDIT: So after I posted this, looked him up and yeah, has a whole back story of course.......Which totally needs to be on film!!!!

I know it's not a movie but have you watched The Madalorian?

Generally, I love that show. (I'm still a bit torn on the baby yoda element)

But Dave filoni seems to have some influence on it. And John Favreau is very good at what he does.

I even liked Resistance. I was really sad to see that end.

It's just the movies that are garbage to me. (And I wish they'd turn the books back to an expanded universe. I don't see why they need to make them all canon)

And with him being the big boss of the place, interviewing people for jobs.....like the ice cream maker guy. Totally need to know why hes there and what hes doing.

EDIT: So after I posted this, looked him up and yeah, has a whole back story of course.......Which totally needs to be on film!!!!
Did he butt heads with HR because Lobot is a cyborg, and not technically a human resource?! I desperately want, nay, I need to know more about his day and all his administrative duties! Ugh! SO MANY plot holes now! :lol:

I never intended on becoming an OT purist. I liked TFA when it came out, as well as TLJ, and Solo, and The Mandalorian. Heck, I liked the prequels when I was growing up. (Not anymore, of course. I’m not insane.) But now I absolutely hate Star Wars. Because all of these terrible, STUPID EU cartoons and books and whatever have replaced what SW is in a lot of people’s minds. There should a least be a hierarchy. OT at the top: this is absolutely real SW by virtue of the filmmaking and storytelling; and everything else far, far below it. But too many people value crap like Rebels or the Zahn trilogy over, I don’t know, culturally-impactful films that forever changed the landscape of cinema and storytelling in addition to innovating and inventing so much in the field of special effects? I liked The Mandalorian. But with all of the “reveals” for seasons 2 and beyond of all the stupid, I couldn’t care less cartoon characters they’ll be bringing in, I have lost all interest in seeing any more. I have not watched any of the BTS series on D+. TROS did the same thing for the ST for me. It was so bad, so not a film or even a cohesive story, with such disappointingly stupid, corporate decisions in desperate attempts to win back fans, that I can’t even watch the previous two films now. As far as I’m concerned, there will never be another good piece of SW media in any form because the EU has irrevocably destroyed the ideas behind SW which were intentionally simple and left to the imagination in the OT. I seethe with frustration every single time I hear someone talk about Filoni and his stupid cartoon characters, or how “amazing” his shows were, or how “they’re actually really good”, or anything like that. They are NOTHING like Star Wars. Not anywhere remotely close. The last thing I could possibly want is to be constantly reminded of his terrible creations at every possible turn, and yet? Whose voices show up in TROS as “important Jedi” who help Rey say “I am Iron Man…I’m sorry, I meant, all the Jedi”? And which stupid “fan favorites” will be over saturating the Mandalorian and eclipsing the interesting character?

I never wanted to be like this. I wanted to give Disney a chance, when it was announced that they’d purchased SW. I wanted to give JJ a chance, especially off of the initially sneak peaks posted about TFA. I was willing to forgive flaws in TLJ and The Mandalorian, because I enjoyed the better parts. But clearly I’m not welcome in this franchise anymore. I can’t expect simple, well-told stories with human characters. Apparently Star Wars is only for the ultra “passionate” who consider everything with the words “Star Wars” on it as canon, and who love all the wretched things that have been done to it over the past forty-odd years.

I never intended on becoming an OT purist. I liked TFA when it came out, as well as TLJ, and Solo, and The Mandalorian. Heck, I liked the prequels when I was growing up. (Not anymore, of course. I’m not insane.) But now I absolutely hate Star Wars. Because all of these terrible, STUPID EU cartoons and books and whatever have replaced what SW is in a lot of people’s minds. There should a least be a hierarchy. OT at the top: this is absolutely real SW by virtue of the filmmaking and storytelling; and everything else far, far below it. But too many people value crap like Rebels or the Zahn trilogy over, I don’t know, culturally-impactful films that forever changed the landscape of cinema and storytelling in addition to innovating and inventing so much in the field of special effects? I liked The Mandalorian. But with all of the “reveals” for seasons 2 and beyond of all the stupid, I couldn’t care less cartoon characters they’ll be bringing in, I have lost all interest in seeing any more. I have not watched any of the BTS series on D+. TROS did the same thing for the ST for me. It was so bad, so not a film or even a cohesive story, with such disappointingly stupid, corporate decisions in desperate attempts to win back fans, that I can’t even watch the previous two films now. As far as I’m concerned, there will never be another good piece of SW media in any form because the EU has irrevocably destroyed the ideas behind SW which were intentionally simple and left to the imagination in the OT. I seethe with frustration every single time I hear someone talk about Filoni and his stupid cartoon characters, or how “amazing” his shows were, or how “they’re actually really good”, or anything like that. They are NOTHING like Star Wars. Not anywhere remotely close. The last thing I could possibly want is to be constantly reminded of his terrible creations at every possible turn, and yet? Whose voices show up in TROS as “important Jedi” who help Rey say “I am Iron Man…I’m sorry, I meant, all the Jedi”? And which stupid “fan favorites” will be over saturating the Mandalorian and eclipsing the interesting character?

I never wanted to be like this. I wanted to give Disney a chance, when it was announced that they’d purchased SW. I wanted to give JJ a chance, especially off of the initially sneak peaks posted about TFA. I was willing to forgive flaws in TLJ and The Mandalorian, because I enjoyed the better parts. But clearly I’m not welcome in this franchise anymore. I can’t expect simple, well-told stories with human characters. Apparently Star Wars is only for the ultra “passionate” who consider everything with the words “Star Wars” on it as canon, and who love all the wretched things that have been done to it over the past forty-odd years.

I never intended to be such an OT purist and initially was a prequel apologist for years until I woke up and was honest with myself about those movies. I was cautiously optimistic when TFA came out, though not fully on board until I saw where they would go next. It took TLJ to make me realize I'd been falsely holding out hope for more stories in this world. Instead of feeling disappointed like I was a while ago, I now feel liberated by abandoning ship after that. Now I can just enjoy the films I grew up with, especially now owning the 4K restorations of the theatrical cuts. I mean I'm not happy with what came out since 1983, barring a few exceptions but it's not the end of the world and it hasn't diminished my love of those original films. It did for a long time but I'm finally in a good place with it now.

I guess my issue was that it took me years to realize that I didn't have to love everything just because it was Star Wars, as though my fandom membership was going to be revoked if I spoke honestly about it. Let me say that if anyone does accuse you of "blasphemy" for not accepting everything Star Wars then question their motives.

I mean I had disregarded a lot of EU stuff but to disregard the new films felt like sacrilege after the prequels were over because unlike the books, these were made by George Star Wars Lucas himself. Plus I really wanted to like them and it took a long time for the story to sink in.

Sadly I never applied that same principle of the fandom buffet into account with the movies like I had with the EU and collecting. Especially because I was excited at the prospect of seeing Luke, Han, and Leia one more time in a brand new adventure, even if it was just a quick encore on camera.

Star Wars is for everyone. You just take what you like and leave the rest. I hope you get to where I am eventually where you can enjoy it again. It may just take time.

Last edited:

I never intended to be such an OT purist and initially was a prequel apologist for years until I woke up and was honest with myself about those movies. I was cautiously optimistic when TFA came out, though not fully on board until I saw where they would go next. It took TLJ to make me realize I'd been falsely holding out hope for more stories in this world. Instead of feeling disappointed like I was a while ago, I now feel liberated by abandoning ship after that. Now I can just enjoy the films I grew up with, especially now owning the 4K restorations of the theatrical cuts. I mean I'm not happy with what came out since 1983, barring a few exceptions but it's not the end of the world and it hasn't diminished my love of those original films. It did for a long time but I'm finally in a good place with it now.

I guess my issue was that it took me years to realize that I didn't have to love everything just because it was Star Wars, as though my fandom membership was going to be revoked if I spoke honestly about it. Let me say that if anyone does accuse you of "blasphemy" for not accepting everything Star Wars then question their motives.

I mean I had disregarded a lot of EU stuff but to disregard the new films felt like sacrilege after the prequels were over because unlike the books, these were made by George Star Wars Lucas himself. Plus I really wanted to like them and it took a long time for the story to sink in.

Sadly I never applied that same principle of the fandom buffet into account with the movies like I had with the EU and collecting. Especially because I was excited at the prospect of seeing Luke, Han, and Leia one more time in a brand new adventure, even if it was just a quick encore on camera.

Star Wars is for everyone. You just take what you like and leave the rest. I hope you get to where I am eventually where you can enjoy it again. It may just take time.

Even as someone who's enjoyed certain parts of the older EU (and overall I am very much a Pick Up This Sandbox Toy and Discard These Others fan), I highly respect and commiserate with this sentiment, because yes, some additions to the "lore" wind up feeling obnoxious for me. In the OT, the father-son conflict and relationship is the most meaningful for me. Now all I see everywhere I look is AHSOKA THIS, AHSOKA THAT. It feels like an encroachment upon the simple story we previously had of just Anakin/Darth Vader and just Luke. Similarly, media like Rebels dilutes the universe for me, because once upon a time the only hope we had left in the OT was Luke (and secondarily, tacked on at the last minute, Leia). Yeah, I know I sound like a buzzkill that "no other characters should exist because nyeh!" but...IMO I don't get the impression they enriched the universe so much as made certain characters in the OT sound retroactively a bit stupid and draw attention away from the previous story to themselves. LOOK, WE'RE THE COOL NEW JEDI, HASHTAG FEMINISM AND MORE GLOWSTICKS. :rolleyes: At this point Ahsoka seems propped up to be practically some kind of Force god, which...eh. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But whatever, it's fine, I'll just sit over here in the sandbox corner and play with my Dad Vader fanfic.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back