Hot Toys Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale On Preorder

JehdinThwei

I don't like his teeth, ...nor his lumpy head, but yeah: I'm getting him.

http://www.sideshowt...me&new

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the first entry in Hot Toys' Artist Collection, the Samurai Predator Collectible figure. A collaboration project with artists Mr. Takayuki Takeya and Mr. Yuji Oniki from Japan, the Samurai Predator features a newly sculpted head and body, detailed accessories, weaponry, and a diorama base with a defeated Alien body.
The Samurai Predator Sixth Scale Figure features:
  • Original Samurai Warrior design
  • Realistic sixth scale measuring approximately 14 inches (35 cm) tall
  • Over 22 points of articulation
  • Newly sculpted head and body
  • Interchangeable open and closed mandibles
  • Movable jaw
  • Fabric net on left chest
  • Fabric skirt
  • Two (2) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
  • One (1) pair of open palms
  • One (1) pair of holding palms
  • One (1) articulated left shoulder canon
  • One (1) broken sword with Alien cells
  • One (1) sword with sheath
  • Four (4) attached swords at the back
  • One (1) helmet
  • One (1) additional mouth mask
  • One (1) neck armor
  • One (1) set of shoulder armor
  • One (1) left chest armor
  • One (1) pair of forearm gauntlets with movable hooks on right side
  • Waist and thigh armor
  • One (1) set of leg armor
  • Extendable Alien tongue trophies on waist
  • One (1) dead Alien head accessory
  • One (1) diorama base featuring defeated Alien body and broken sword piece

Image1.png

Image2.png

Image3.png

Image4.png

Image5.png

WOOOAAAHH! What the! I was gonna get my first hot toys (berserker that is) for x-mas now Im confused. But that pred is totally made for me. Got to get it. I need to have it!

Huhu =( check the link too pricey impossible to have, and looking closer at the pic looks like hes got a nose like a human, preds dont have that kind of nose if its a nose that is.

Huhu =( check the link too pricey impossible to have, and looking closer at the pic looks like hes got a nose like a human, preds dont have that kind of nose if its a nose that is.

Cheaper (and better customer service) at Cornerstore Comics http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/shop&Category_ID=512&ChildCategory_ID=555&Product_ID=5814

Yeah, it's an artists rendition, so not everyone is going to be ga ga over it. I'll keep his mask on :p

Are you going to add him to your diorama, Jehdin? Not sure how your others will get along with him!

He's not my cup of tea, to be honest. I can see why he'd appeal but nah.

Are you going to add him to your diorama, Jehdin? Not sure how your others will get along with him!

He's not my cup of tea, to be honest. I can see why he'd appeal but nah.

My dio changes almost weekly lol. So yeah, he'll be in there at some point. Maybe in a duel with Shadow or Tracker :p
He's not really my cup of tea either, when it comes to Predators, but I LOVE the Samurai garb, so will keep his mask on most of the time and he should fit right in.

Im ssssssooooooooooooo confused right now..... Body, armours and weapons excellent. Lumpy, beans head acceptable. Nose nonononono! Oh my what to do?

Im ssssssooooooooooooo confused right now..... Body, armours and weapons excellent. Lumpy, beans head acceptable. Nose nonononono! Oh my what to do?

I think the big problem isn't even the nose... look at those teeth o_O
Since when predators have human teeth?

teeth.jpg

Predators have only six fangs inside their mouth:

predator_robert_rodriguez.jpg

With the strange nose, the teeth and the hairy chin he looks just like a angry dog :D

0.jpg

In AVP Scar had teeth.

This is very similar to the kit where the Pred is on the alien "horse" offered through Predator Stuff.

It's not my preference, but again, I'm getting him for the killer Samurai shiz.

HeadComparisonfront.jpg

397106102.jpg

397106106.jpg

397106130.jpg

*facedesk*

Someone get that Pred a razor, stat! I can accept the teeth (don't approve but still) but a fuzzy chin? They're... they're scaly, they're not meant to be fuzzy!

In AVP Scar had teeth.

This is very similar to the kit where the Pred is on the alien "horse" offered through Predator Stuff.

It's not my preference, but again, I'm getting him for the killer Samurai shiz.

Dont get me wrong, i love the samurai outfit and everything. It's awesome!

But it's a little strange to me to see human teeth, nose and hairy chin on a predator :D

I've read in figures.com that this is still a prototype, I wish they get rid of all the unnecessary facial features. PLEASE REMOVE the teeth, goatee, and specially that nose!

This was designed by Japanese artists, and it is a blend of Japanese Samurai Daimyo (warlord) and Predator. I doubt they will change it.

I like everything about it.... other than the head.... :( Maybe if he had the bad blood style head on him I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

Everyone needs to realize that this is the first figure in an "artist rendition" series so I am willing to enjoy the different versions that some amazing artists are putting their amazing talents into.

I do have to agree on the noggin lumps and funky teeth though. Very unique take on our favorite hunter.

Pred with teeth like a horse, a goatie and no spot patterns on his body makes him look less like a predator specially with the mask on. If I only have a deep pocket to purchase two of this I'd love to do a repaint to add spots and other stuff on his skin or even add netting on his body and keep the other one the way it is. Still getting this though, now my future 1/6 Big Red will have a samurai mate in my display. XD

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back