hoppin' on the bandai-wagon......x-wing style (finished!)

Re: hoppin' on the bandai-wagon......x-wing style

Your paint should be thinned down to the consistency of milk or slightly thinner. I always to test paint before I apply it to the model. I keep bits of plastic packaging and practice spraying on those. It's saved my model a couple times. It's also good to practice on scrap just to experiment with layering and masking techniques. The hardest lesson I had to learn was build up multiple thin layers, it's a test in patience.

You know my biggest problem with all this is? My time spent well.

I do all modeling in my office on lunch break or during long sections of nothing while backstage (I work in theatre)

And I do all the airbrushing in the shop. So most often I'm very rushed for the airbrushing.

My God....

I'm trying to do all the coloured panels but I swear no two modelers have ever done them alike.....

And I can't seem to find very good pics of the studio model

uploadfromtaptalk1429662301087.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429662327767.jpg started a bit. I'll continue tomorrow

My God....

I'm trying to do all the coloured panels but I swear no two modelers have ever done them alike.....

And I can't seem to find very good pics of the studio model

I hear you! Meaning, I agree. :lol

That is why I have just about given up trying to replicate a studio model and will simply go for something that looks cool and works. Regardless of how it comes out it is still recognizable as an X-wing and yours is looking very nice I must say.

I hear you! Meaning, I agree. [emoji38]

That is why I have just about given up trying to replicate a studio model and will simply go for something that looks cool and works. Regardless of how it comes out it is still recognizable as an X-wing and yours is looking very nice I must say.
Basically that's what's gonna happen.

Especially with these xwing. They're even in rougher shape than the Falcon

But if anyone had some great pics of the actual red five.....I wouldn't object.

BTW, I was having some airbrush problems earlier that I've never had before. It's a two stage passche millennium.

Anyway, it's bubbling when ever I start it up. As if air is coming back down into the reservoir.

Thoughts?

BTW, I was having some airbrush problems earlier that I've never had before. It's a two stage passche millennium.

Anyway, it's bubbling when ever I start it up. As if air is coming back down into the reservoir.

Thoughts?

Sounds like dried paint in the tip, it'll back-flush if blocked.

A bit more paneling.

However I will probably use the red decals because I'm lazyuploadfromtaptalk1429831536126.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429831553745.jpg

Those are actually just Gundam markers. They're great for this at small scales

My local hobby shop was out of black primer so I ended up using the markers, as opposed to a maskol approach

uploadfromtaptalk1430857338644.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430857374923.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430857407386.jpg

Ready for a dull coat, then some oils, pigments and then a final coat

Quick question for those x wing experts. There are a bunch of "extra" decals that came with this model. Any reference for that stuff?

Little emblams and stuff.

Quick question for those x wing experts. There are a bunch of "extra" decals that came with this model. Any reference for that stuff?

Little emblams and stuff.

There were several little decals on the original X-Wings, but they varied from one to another. You can apply them however you want of course, but if you want to model a particular ship look for pics here http://www.modelermagic.com/?cat=18 The Finemolds instructions also had a good guide showing which ones go on each ship.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back