Holy spear - Finished

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
This is a prop I've always wanted but sadly can't afford some of the excelent replicas that are available.
Once I wouldn't know how to do it on metal, I decided to give a try and do it in paper (besides wood, plastic and wire)
Starting it with heavy cardboard:

PIC1.jpg PIC2.jpg PIC3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Holy spear - WIP

Thanks guys for your kind comments
I'm planning on doing the gold sleeve with aluminium foil (not the sheet used to cover food but the one a bitter thicker that's used to put food on. This way I think I may be able to right / carve the inscription. Then I'll apply the gold leafe). Today I'll be working on the perspex display case
Guess tomorrow or the day after I'll post pics

Coming along very well :thumbsup

What kind of gold leaf did you put over top the foil?

wow this is starting to look amazing - the talent of people on this forum never stops to amaze me - can't wait for more updates

wow this is starting to look amazing - the talent of people on this forum never stops to amaze me - can't wait for more updates

What a compliment, Mike! Very kind of you. Thank you

Coming along very well :thumbsup

What kind of gold leaf did you put over top the foil?

Thank you Luke. Actually I haven't applied the gold leaf yet (the 5 last pics look golden but it's because of the light - they're all silver :))
Today I'll apply the product that will allow the gold leaf to glue (have to wait 12 hours)

"Holy" Cow that was fast! Nice work on a very iconic item.

I will always remember when it made an appearance in the Witchblade TV show. They hid it in plain sight in one of those bar/restaurants with all the antique crap nailed to the walls. "Who's going to notice?"

Yes, that was very fast and the best is that the result is fantastic. It could pass as iron perfectly. I have one from Magnoli and I´m very satisfied with it . I need to make the display case like you to show at my room

Thanks guys for your kind comments
Pegasus, your lance will look fantastic on a display case like this one (and it's easy to make) Magnoli has one of the best (if not the best) replica spears on the market (sadly a bit over my budget - that's why I decided to try and make one myself)
I'm very glad you appreciate it (it means my project went alright)
Thank you

Last edited:
This absolutely blows me away. A little cardboard and some imagination, and look what you can do. Simply fantastic. I just have one question. How long is it?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back