Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The

That is what Bilbo had in his pocket... : )

I scanned mine and then cleaned it up and recolored it. Very time consuming. The scanning is hard, doesn't fit on the scanner. I have the first page scanned and cleaned just need to recolor.

Barneyrfd - Looks great. What kind of paper did you use?

Best,
DBCooper

Umm.. Did they have a cryptix in the Hobbit ? - :lol

Sure, why not...:lol

That is what Bilbo had in his pocket... : )

I scanned mine and then cleaned it up and recolored it. Very time consuming. The scanning is hard, doesn't fit on the scanner. I have the first page scanned and cleaned just need to recolor.

Barneyrfd - Looks great. What kind of paper did you use?

Best,
DBCooper

Scanning was a pain to be sure, cleanup was a pain to be sure but the result is great.

I used a 160 gsm cold press watercolor paper and ran it through my inkjet printer. Very happy with the result, looks very similar to what an ink pen looks like on the same paper (I tested to confirm)

bfd

Deed of Contract WIP.

Removed images as people were complaining this is "a forum for *sharing* paper props, not just waving them around and showing them off."

To be honest, I did not even notice this thread was for free paper props only. Perhaps it should say so in the title rather than a small sentence in the first post so this tragic error does not occur again.

bfd

Last edited:
So, being the "free" paper prop section anyone care to share scans? :love

Don't even need the touched up ones, would love to do this project.

Barneyrfd - Great replica. Looks really great. A lot of hard work went into that I am sure.

I spent two weeks scanning and cleaning mine and then another three days printing, cutting, ripping, aging, glueing, and stitching. It was a real pain.

Mine is smaller than the original. About 8 inches across, a third smaller than the original. I am going to try and make a 1:1. Need a bigger size printer; on the way. The stitching and wax really makes the prop.

Best,
DBCooper

Last edited:
*sigh* ******, I really don't want to be "that guy" but this is a forum for *sharing* paper props, not just waving them around and showing them off.

That's the main prop forum.

Attachments

• hobbit-bilbo-deed-of-contract.pdf
    90.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back