Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The

Re: The Hobbit - Bilbo's portrait/sketch

Very cool! Thanks for sharing Stivie! Nice job on the portrait and Bilbo's prologue there.

What kind of paper did you print it on?

I used a thick water color paper I found at Jo Anns. I tried a few different kinds, the first one i tried had too much texture and didn't work well. Just used coffee and a heat gun to age it.

Hey Guys, I have recently spend two days hand drawing and writing this replica of Thror's Map. I hope you guys like it, criticism is welcome in a constructive manner, and I am yet to age the paper. Thank you and don't be too harsh, as I did this by hand and by MEMORY. :D Thanks again for checking out my work, cheers.

Isildur's Scroll Tengwar Version (NOW FREE):
qXpr5.jpg

Thror's Map:
m6jv9.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Hobbit - Bilbo's portrait/sketch

Taking a cue from Stivie, I made some pages with the prologue from The Hobbit.
bilboprops.jpg

You can download the pages, plus the reworked portrait here.

Re: [The Hobbit] Three Elven Blades

you should do the other weapons and get a "book of Weapons" going - would be cool to see all the principal weapons in a book - Narsil, The Elven long blades, the Witch King of Angmars Mace, Saurons Mace, the Hobbits Daggers, Legolas blades and bows, etc

you could even expand it with a short bio of the owner.

Cheers for the feedback, other than a less-than-professional duct-tape sonic screwdriver and various cardboard PADDs, this is my first decent prop.

Even if it is a paper prop.

EDIT: Tengwar Scroll Added.

Last edited:
Re: [The Hobbit] Three Elven Blades

These look great, but I don't think Bilbo could actually draw it that detailed and perfect. For the sake of having something looking like it came from the world of Middle-earth, I would have thought it be drawn physically using a quill or something of the sort. Not to sound fussy!:darnkids:facepalm

Re: The Hobbit - Bilbo's portrait/sketch - Now includes the prologue pages!

Kalkamel - What font did you use on those documents, if any? They look great.

Re: The Hobbit - Bilbo's portrait/sketch - Now includes the prologue pages!

That font is called Bilbos Hand, you can get it from dafont.com

Peter

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back