Hmmm... What to do...?

Tsurabisu

Hey, all. I just got this beauty in the mail today.
b5f28319b7b1__1314930254000.jpg

c9af6dcbc59b__1314930216000.jpg

The SDCC exclusive Gort.

Now, my problem is this. I'd like to display him proudly next to my other NECA figures, Berserker and Tracker.
1e62cf697d20__1314930295000.jpg

But that would mean I have to open him. I don't have the cash to go out an buy another to keep it sealed.
Whacha think? Little worried that since it was the SDCC exclusive, they're gonna try and jack up the price at some point. Or is the word "Exclusive" in this just a sales angle from NECA?

The big question is: "Do you want to sell this figure in the future?"
If the answer is NO, then open it and play with! \o/
If the answer is YES, keep the figure in the box! (y)

I never keep my figures on the box, cause i like to display them in my shelf and my office table, sometimes i like to change their poses, take pictures with them fighting another figure, and so on... personaly, i buy figures to enjoy them as much as i can, not to make some profit in the future

Well, Y'all convinced me. Lol. I have no intention of selling it, so I'ma open it up and have him kick the **** out of Berserker! Lol. Thanks, everyone.

The big question is: "Do you want to sell this figure in the future?"
If the answer is NO, then open it and play with! \o/
If the answer is YES, keep the figure in the box!

I never keep my figures on the box, cause i like to display them in my shelf and my office table, sometimes i like to change their poses, take pictures with them fighting another figure, and so on... personaly, i buy figures to enjoy them as much as i can, not to make some profit in the future
(y) Good deal Tribal, me too.Plus NECA doesn't really sky rocket in price and if it does it will be years and years before it will be profit.

It's not going to be worth anything significant in the future, look at all the stuff McFarlane has put out. They used to pull hundreds of dollars some of them, and now you can get them for 10 dollars or less, you'll probably make back what you paid for it, give or take. Nothing is 'rare' these days, and a diarrhea bowl of an economy isn't going to help on a resale.

It's not going to be worth anything significant in the future, look at all the stuff McFarlane has put out. They used to pull hundreds of dollars some of them, and now you can get them for 10 dollars or less, you'll probably make back what you paid for it, give or take. Nothing is 'rare' these days, and a diarrhea bowl of an economy isn't going to help on a resale.
Exactly brother .But yea open him i opened him when i did with no hesitations he looks perfect with my collection(ill post pics later).Besides Amazon has him for 20 dollars with shipping :mad: so about 28 bucks.You wont be sorry that trophie also looks beutifull in the hands of a MK Sub Zero figure.But mostly Gort.

So, yeah. He's opened. I have to say that his joints are much stiffer than my others. I'm half afraid of breaking an arm or leg off! But still, amazing work!
And he's in the middle of taking his first trophy. Lol!

62b579fa19fc__1314981074000.jpg

7b78ed1a8d4d__1314981184000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im glad u asked Tsurabisu ,cause im in the same situation, all my figures are still in boxes or packages, still looking for a cheap curio or display case for them... i need one for me and one for my wifes precious moments things. . i will not put both anywhere close to eachother...

im glad u asked Tsurabisu ,cause im in the same situation, all my figures are still in boxes or packages, still looking for a cheap curio or display case for them... i need one for me and one for my wifes precious moments things. . i will not put both anywhere close to eachother...

LOL! I hear ya on that. Ya could always decapitate them and blame it on your preds...

^LOL good one man btw for those joints Hot water or a hair dryer ;) but dont put the hair dryer to close because if you do it might deform the plastic from what i heard.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back