HERO LEVEL Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle FINISHED- Plus Pro Photo Shoot- First Post

Re: Fallout 3 Plasma Rifle

387126_AMVMcH9TRXURpsIlldcESQkcA.jpg

387126_Wze95BY3pts0Wsxz5RmAkw9sT.jpg

387126_gzMFgYAUH1AblQiy2oGNmtGvo.jpg

have to remember to be signed out before i copy the pic link..

man, That looks amazing. I was coming in here for ideas and was blown away by how freaking professional that thing looks.

hey all! Been busy but don't worry the thread isn't dead.. started a new job so expect updates in the next week or two.

3 cheers for the meter!

It's not impossible to drive that meter off an Arduino if you've got the right kind. Google "arduino analog meter" and you'll find a few examples. Would add a pretty cool effect.

ALMOST DONE! Just need to paint the roto-cast microfusion cells. What do you guys think of the chain/leather strap? I think I'm going to change it for one of those black belts with all the grommets in them.. The chain doesn't really fit. Then just an overall weathering pass and I'll get to conclude 18 months of work.. Oh plus a better stand for it.

Holtt- love the arduino idea.. I think I need to finish this one as is for now (not enough space now that everything is sealed up.. but definitely a cool idea for next time :D (plus linking trigger to lighting effects maybe).

COMMENTS? CRITIQUES? I'd love to hear back on anything you guys have to say..

A note on the Microfusion Cells- The casting made a few of them have bubbles and distended forms (the bottom of the canister shape tends to be a little rounded). I was thinking of going for a 'battery aesthetic'-
Think of it being more of a disposable power source, picking them up in the field they would be corroded, with peeling labels, and perhaps a few would be dented or deformed outwards by the forces contained within.
Does this make sense as opposed to the crisp clean versions some others put out where maybe they are more high tech and less disposable?
Or am I making excuses for a novice casting job?
;)

Forgive my demi-wasteland setting.. the dead leaves don't really work. Going to buffalo grand central on a tour in march.. Then we will get some shiny new finished pics :D

another question.. you guys think the base should be... black painted MDF, sark stained wood (maybe maple or oak), or a wasteland themed base?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back