Help needed with Makoto Lightsaber

bubble085

Hi everyone, apologies if i'm posting in the wrong thread or bringing up something asked before but this is doing my head in and i NEED help!

I am looking to order a Makoto v4 plus lightsaber, and I was looking to send him a hilt to convert rather than buy one of his hilts. More specifically, I am looking for a replica Obi Wan graflex saber weathered New Hope style, that can be converted to accept the necessary electronics, think slothfurnace' beautiful new hope obi wan saber. Basically, I have no idea where to get the right hilt and am looking for any help i can get.

It is EXACTLY what I'm looking for cheers, only problem is it's a bit out of my budget, does anyone know if the graflex obi wan style from parks sabers can be fitted with a Makoto upgrade, and what is the best way to "weather" or "age" the hilt to look more like the ep IV obi wan hilt?

Are you looking for Obi Wan's saber or a Graflex? Obi Wan did not use a Graflex in ANH.

Thanks so much for all the help, and apologies for the late reply, work life balance blah blah blah. Anyway, after doing some digging I am really struggling now to find the right saber. My Obi Wan costume is pretty accurate, or enough that I'm happy with it anyway, so I want to get the most accurate saber possible within my budget. And now due to time constraints (Newcastle UK Comic-Con on April 19th) I am now looking for an Obi Wan hilt only with a view to having an install done by Makoto later.
My cosplay will be Episode III Obi Wan Kenobi, and I'm aware the saber hilt has subtle differences but I much prefer the look of the Episode IV Obi Wan hilt, and ultimately I'd rather have a build in that style saber.
OBVIOUSLY the perfect choice for me would be a Romans install ready kit but it's £375 and I work a crappy minimum wage job and couldn't afford to splash out that much without saving it up for a bit after that i searched some more, and discovered Russrep sabers but seeing as he rarely does complete runs on here so I have no idea of cost or when the other parts would be available.
Parks was my next choice but after reading some of the stories on here, I'm hesitant about ordering, plus there's a 12 week backlog following Episode VII so even if i were to order it wouldn't arrive in time. So now that i'm done whining about it I'm hoping someone can offer any more guidance or personal experience/expertise, or if anyone has a saber replica for sale my budget is around £200 / $140 (not a lot I know but that's life)

thank you all in advance, in case I am unable to reply straight away.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegApologies for the EXTREMELY late notice but thought I would finally bring this thread to a proper close. As it turns out, I managed to find a 3D printing company online here in the UK (that will ship overseas) called Retrogema. Here's the link to his Facebook page. . . . https://www.facebook.com/retrogema/ he managed to print off the files I sent him perfectly, and I have to say his service is outstanding!

I primed with standard auto primer, then sprayed with chrome, then zinc oxidising spray for the silver parts, then matt black on the grenade and lower section then a copper spray for the windvane, and for creating the rused effect. Not perfect but for a first attempt I'm happy with it

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpegAnd here is myself and my mate Kal as anakin

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back