VHB tape for lightsaber grips. Link needed

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to order some 3m vhb tape for lightsaber grips. And I'm having a hell of a time finding the right width material. Does anyone have a link handy for stuff they use?

Thanks in advance.
Dan

I’ve used it for grips and it’s like.. indestructible.

It is like 2mm thick and if you get the width of the track you’ll see the tape underneath. They’ll be raised up like a sandwich layer

Surprised GIF by ION

Anakin Starkiller, I’ve used this tape in the past (link provided below). The hold is quite strong, and if you ever need to remove the t-tracks/tape, the process is completely reversible without damage to the flash handle. I use two strips of tape per t-track with a small overlap in the underlying t-tracks’ grooves. I don’t cut the tape the entire length of the t-track, and I don’t apply the tape to the very side edges of the t-tracks. It’s a tedious application, but the finishing look and function are great, without any visible underlying tape.

Thanks to The 48th Ronin for this advice!

Anakin Starkiller, I’ve used this tape in the past (link provided below). The hold is quite strong, and if you ever need to remove the t-tracks/tape, the process is completely reversible without damage to the flash handle. I use two strips of tape per t-track with a small overlap in the underlying t-tracks’ grooves. I don’t cut the tape the entire length of the t-track, and I don’t apply the tape to the very side edges of the t-tracks. It’s a tedious application, but the finishing look and function are great, without any visible underlying tape.

Thanks to The 48th Ronin for this advice!
Exactly how all of mine are done!

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to order some 3m vhb tape for lightsaber grips. And I'm having a hell of a time finding the right width material. Does anyone have a link handy for stuff they use?

Thanks in advance.
Dan
I bought some I believe from Wanna Wanga even tells you what thickness to cut it into with either scissors or an X-Acto knife

For the last 8-10 years or so, I've used the stuff that teecrooz linked.

Before that, I used some wider black VHB that I would just cut in half long-ways and attach to the center channel of the t-track.

For the last 8-10 years or so, I've used the stuff that teecrooz linked.

Before that, I used some wider black VHB that I would just cut in half long-ways and attach to the center channel of the t-track.
You’d have enough to either use for the rest of your life or go into saber making

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back