Help! Name on my screen used item doesn't match any of the known actresses!!!

DeathAngel

Hey fellow collectors,

I'm having a bit of trouble on this and I could really use any help I can get. I just recently purchased this screen used Silent Hill Nurse outfit from the Propstore of London: Dark Nurse Uniform

What's really cool about this individual piece is that it seems to screen match to a couple of production stills taken directly from the behind-the-scenes footage of the film:

Front Match: Screen Used Dark Nurse Mask original movie prop from Silent Hill (2006)

Back Match: Screen Matched Dark Nurse Mask original movie costume from Silent Hill (2006)

It even looks like it matches to this official movie poster: silent hill poster pics - Bing Images

Okay, so here's were the problem comes into play. The name on the dress Propstore has is faintly marked "McDonald" on the inside of the collar. That would be the name of either the character or of one of the actresses playing the character.

Being the screen used veterans I know a lot of you are, I'm sure you're already aware of that. But the problem is none of the actress that played Dark Nurses in the film had the name "McDonald"!!!

I believe that only 20 costumes were made for the 20 actresses since on one of the behind-the-scenes videos, the costume creator states that he made 20. And on IMDB only 20 actresses are credited.

Here's the movie's IMDB page: Silent Hill (2006) - IMDb

And here's the 20 Actresses:

Donna Milburn
Nadia Barosso
Noelle Boggio
Victoria Boland
Rhoslynne Bugay
Alicia Bundy
Carrie Clayton
Rachel Crowther
Zsuzsanna Cseh
Judit Kovacs
Stephanie Lauder
Chantelle Leonardo
Onika Ndukwe
Kat Olsen
Melissa Panton
Sylwia Pluta
Lisa Shaw
Tamara Smeaton
Nicole Anne St. Hill

I'm fairly new to the screen used world, but I'm hoping to shed light on this mystery. I've been working close with someone on yourprops.com and with Propstore themselves on getting to the bottom of this, but so far to no avail.

Can anyone recommend what I can or should do in this matter? Or does anybody have any knowledge on something like this. Thanks a bunch!

I bought a "screen used" poster from Children Of Men from there but when it came there was no weathering and it didn't match the screen shot they posted. I basically got a tough luck and no further explanation.

I'm assuming it may have been production made but not screen used. There is a difference. Not sure if this helps you get to the bottom of your problem, but that was an experience I had.

The only person in the credits with a name spelled even closely to that is a stuntman:

John MacDonald .... stunt minor #8

Could it be the name of a stunt artist or a stand-in?

Could it be a stand-in? Maybe... Could it be a stunt artist? I doubt it... The one and only scene the nurses are in is the staggering scene towards the end of the movie. I don't see how a stunt performer would be needed. They are just basically walking forward in that scene. And the scene only lasts for a few minutes.

I bought a "screen used" poster from Children Of Men from there but when it came there was no weathering and it didn't match the screen shot they posted. I basically got a tough luck and no further explanation.

I'm assuming it may have been production made but not screen used. There is a difference. Not sure if this helps you get to the bottom of your problem, but that was an experience I had.

You'd be the first person I've heard of with a bad story about the Propstore of London. Everyone usually says how genuine and how great they are. As a matter of fact isn't the RPF sponsored by them?

Seeing as how this particular costume screen matches to the behind the scenes videos, it would have to be screen worn and not production made... I mean, you can actually see an actress wearing this costume... The dresses match up using the paint spatter, which I don't think could be duplicated.

The only person in the credits with a name spelled even closely to that is a stuntman:

John MacDonald .... stunt minor #8

Yeah, that's what Propstore an I both found. But why would a man put on this dress and wear it for that one and only scene? It just doesn't make any scence. All the other nurses would be women and he's be the only man.

Besides. He's credited for the Miner character, and as the miners get more physical in the film than I can see why a stunt performer might be needed. A stunt performer for one of the nurses? Not so much...

Last edited:
perhaps it was originally intended for one person and that person wasnt able to film for whatever reason and they just hired someone else without worrying about who's name is written on the collar.

To be fair it could have a name missed off IMDB, it could be hero, stand in, stunt, photo double, double.....

I would have faith in the piece, not the name which really doesn't mean much. The screenmatch however is much cooler!

perhaps it was originally intended for one person and that person wasnt able to film for whatever reason and they just hired someone else without worrying about who's name is written on the collar.
I thought that was a possibility at first... However, someone on yourprops.com who owns another of these nurse costumes says that the names were likely rewritten over and over again due to the ink fading. On hers, (lady on yourprops) she said the name was written multiple times. So if someone had to come in and fill in for "McDonald then why would they continuously rewrite McDonald on the collar. Unless they really only wrote the name once on this particular costume. So maybe...

I'm replying on my PS3 and for whatever reason it wont let me double quote so whatever...
To be fair it could have a name missed off IMDB, it could be hero, stand in, stunt, photo double, double..... I would have faith in the piece, not the name which really doesn't mean much. The screenmatch however is much cooler!
I just finished watching the movie and I watched the credits closely. It appears IMDB got it right. The same 20 actresses are listed. Stand in is when the original actor cant film so they get someone else is that correct? I want to make sure I know the correct meaning. Seeing as apparently we can see a girl wearing this on set, what would the most likely term that you used be that would be correct for this piece? Stand-in, stunt, etc...

I'm gonna guess that the "Mcdonald" chick was casted for the nurses outfit at the start. So when the costume designers fitted the girls for the nurse outfit each name was placed inside. Then later before they got to the shooting the screen..Mcdonald was fired, sick, or missed a rescheduled shoot date. So they used another girl that fit her size outfit. The new girl was named in the credit at the end for her role as the nurse. They just never wrote the new name in the nurse outfit. Try to find the other nurse outfits owners and cross off names as you go.

I'm gonna guess that the "Mcdonald" chick was casted for the nurses outfit at the start. So when the costume designers fitted the girls for the nurse outfit each name was placed inside. Then later before they got to the shooting the screen..Mcdonald was fired, sick, or missed a rescheduled shoot date. So they used another girl that fit her size outfit. The new girl was named in the credit at the end for her role as the nurse. They just never wrote the new name in the nurse outfit. Try to find the other nurse outfits owners and cross off names as you go.

So far this is the only idea that seems to possibly fit. I really don't know what else could be the answer... However my contact on yourprops.com thinks that in this case though they would have still crossed of the old name and put in the new acresses name... sigh...

This is driving me crazy! : ( I'm not sure what the likely hood is of EVER figuring out this mystery.

Interestingly enough I think I might have already figured out who wore the dress. At least I thought I did. Those two production stills I matched my dress up with appear to be the front and back of the same dress. At one point in the behind-scenes video the girl showing the back of the dress turns just enough for you to see her mask. Looks like the same mask in the pic of the girl showing the front of the dress. So in other words, my dress screen matches to the front pic and the back pic, and the front pic and the back pic appear to be wearing the same mask. So hence got to be the same nurse.

Another person on yourprops.com actually owns that mask. He states in it's description that it was worn by Zsuzsanna Cseh. So if Zsuzsanna wore that mask, than I think she must have worn the dress.

Still doesn't answer why it says "Mcdonald" if Cseh wore it. Or why they wouldn't change the name on the inside of the collar to Cseh.

Ugh!! This is going to haunt me forever!!!

It may have been an isolated incident, but left a bad taste for me anyways.

Regarding your issue, keep in mind it is not out of the question that a male was used for a specific stunt if necessary. It is possible that your outfit may have been made for a male stunt double.

It may have been an isolated incident, but left a bad taste for me anyways. Regarding your issue, keep in mind it is not out of the question that a male was used for a specific stunt if necessary. It is possible that your outfit may have been made for a male stunt double.
I don't believe it was specifically made for a male. In my screen matched pics there is no doubt that a woman is wearing the costume. And too many of the paint marks/spatter match up for it to not be a match... I don't know... Mabe it was Zsuzsanna's dress but then she couldn't film and they had 'Mr' Mcdonald fill in for her. I'm not altogether sure how I'd feel about that... One thing going against that though is the collector that has the mask that supposedly went with this particular costume says that Zsuzsanna Cseh wore the mask so I'm assuming his mask has Zsuzsanna's name in it and not Mcdonald's. Why only change the name on one item and not the other?

Last edited:
Extra? Maybe their scene was cancelled and they were never credited? Could they still list it as screen used then?
If that were the case than no they wouldn't be able to list it as "screen used" but I don't think that's the case here. The production stills are taken directly from their rehearsal/choreography of the nurse seen in the film. "Whoever has this dress on is there and is most certainly a female. The costume creator via a behind-the-scenes (Path of Darkness part 6 states he made 20 dresses for 20 actresses) . And since IMDB lists 20 actresses it appears everone who was a nurse got credit for the role. Hmmm....curiouser and curiouser....

I second the theory of the actress hired, then fired before the shooting started...
Another possibility is that the prop studio didn't made a unique uniform pattern for each nurse, but just 2 or 3 different models; then they named the costumes in order not to have the same pattern next to each other.
Anyway here I found another McDonald credited and it's a woman...but it's the second unit director of photography

Silent Hill: Information from Answers.com

Teo.

It's a long shot but is there a chance the actress was called McDonald during filming and was married by the time the film was released and her surname changed and this was taken into account for the credits?

It's a long shot but is there a chance the actress was called McDonald during filming and was married by the time the film was released and her surname changed and this was taken into account for the credits?

Even more likely that the actress uses her maiden name for roles. Actors also use different names for other reasons, eg. another actor already using that name.

It could also have been relabelled for use in publicity shots, or even another production.

I second the theory of the actress hired, then fired before the shooting started...
Another possibility is that the prop studio didn't made a unique uniform pattern for each nurse, but just 2 or 3 different models; then they named the costumes in order not to have the same pattern next to each other.
Anyway here I found another McDonald credited and it's a woman...but it's the second unit director of photography

Silent Hill: Information from Answers.com

Teo.

Thanks for looking that up Teo. Being listed as the second unit director of photography gives me doubts that she was a nurse as well... But at least now I know of two Macdonalds. Though neither seem to make much sence in this scenario.

Hmmm,... I hadn't thought of that...

That would explain the credits and possibly why the name is different on the dress than who wore it. But still, that's quite the long shot. Like I said earlier, it seems Zsuzsanna wore the dress and it seems odd her name was originally Zsuzsanna Mcdonald and she married and her name became Zsuzsanna Cseh. I'm not sure what nationality Zsuzsanna is but it would seem that Cseh would be her maiden name or married name and if she was ever renamed Mcdonald, than that would come afterward...

Even more likely that the actress uses her maiden name for roles. Actors also use different names for other reasons, eg. another actor already using that name.

It could also have been relabeled for use in publicity shots, or even another production.

And there's a bigger chance of her maiden name being Cseh than Mcdonald. Most signs point to this being Zsuzsanna's dress since in the screen matched pic, the mask that the actress is wearing says Zsuzsanna in it.

I was wondering what the possibility would be of this dress having been resused for Silent Hill Revelations but none of the actresses who played nurses in that movie are listed on IMDB. So that's hard to judge on. One of them could have been Mcdonald.

What I was trying to get across was that an actress who got married would keep her maiden name (in this case Cseh) for crediting while using her married name on a day-to-day basis (McDonald). Therefore likely that her her costume would be labelled by the name she goes by (McDonald) than the professional pseudonym (Cseh)

Most actresses keep their maiden name for crediting, since it's the name they have been going under - Nicole Kidman did not change to Cruise when they married. Outside of the name they use in screen accreditation, they may well use their married name.

Costumes may also get re-used in all sorts of productions after their primary appearance. What have those costumes been doing for the last 7 years?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back