Limited Run Screen accurate Anakin Skywalker Revenge of the Sith Fabrics

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
4/11/2024 Update: As of this date there is a PRE-ORDER in progress for the screen matched Outer Tunic fabric which is open to everyone. The price of this material is $30.00 a yard due to my supplier increasing their prices as of this January. You'll need approximately 12 yards on average to make a tunic set. There is a minimum of 68 yards needed for me to place the order with my supplier, of which 61 have already sold!

So I need only 7 yards more purchased to get this ordered. The store will be stocked with the remaining fabric, so if we surpass the minimum, there will still be plenty for everyone!

Simply add your name to this thread with the yardage you want, and PM me for payment details. Shipping and PayPal fees will be invoiced separately once the material arrives from my supplier for a QC check.

Thank you!

For comparison this is a photo of the Screen Used material from the Dressing a Galaxy Limited Edition book, laying on top of the Thread Lair offering: Note that the DAG swatch has faded from storage, but is identical in weave, weight, and color to the original.

ThreadLairDAGSwatches (2).jpg

Given the eternal popularity of Anakin Skywalker I've sourced this limited run of accurate fabric to make the robe Hayden Christensen wears in Revenge of the Sith. I have 51 yards available and this is a beautiful dark brown 100% Wool Crepe. On average you'd need about 8-10 yards of material to make one robe depending on your height and patterns. The screen used hood is self lined so you'll want to double the amount necessary for that section of the robe. A similar material was used to make the cape worn by Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, and this could also be used to make the Jedi Robe worn by Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon Jinn, or as a lightweight Hooded Cloak as worn by Mark Hamill in Return of the Jedi. This is a versatile material with an incredible texture and drape but is very limited. Once it's gone, it's gone for good. I estimate that this bolt could yield about 5 Revenge of the Sith robes.

This is in hand, ready to ship. Don't miss out! If you're overseas and are interested in this material, PM me as International orders will be processed manually and not on the website. Be sure to check out the video to see the texture and drape.

Last edited:
I have an undyed fabric for Anakin's Inner Tunic. It's the exact same material used in the film, but from a different source than the Satin Moon fabric which has been sold out for almost 20 years. Satin Moon was the textile retailer where Trisha Biggar purchased the Silk Crepe that was used in the film.

I purchased the last of this from my supplier and I only have 17 yards left. This is dead stock and once it's gone, it's gone for good! If you're outside the U.S. PM for insured shipping rates. This is the rarest of the materials necessary to make a screen accurate Revenge of the Sith Anakin costume.

I'll have my screen accurate Outer Tunic fabric back in stock soon as well. This material is dyed to match the screen used fabric. Keep an eye on this page as when it arrives it will sell out fast!

The Correct Silk Lining for the Outer Tunic Sleeves and Skirt:

Leather Tabards (Lambskin Hides):

Wool Robe Fabric: Also a dead stock so once it's sold out, it's gone!

A properly made Anakin Skywalker Revenge of the Sith Jedi costume requires anywhere from 30 to 40 yards of materials to make correctly.

Only 13 yards of the Inner Tunic fabric left!

The Outer Tunic fabric will be back in stock next week when it arrives from my supplier. Given the demand for this material, it may very well sell out quickly, so if you're in the market, keep close tabs on the shop page.

Thanks everyone! I'm so grateful to supply screen accurate materials for my fellow costumers.

The Outer Tunic fabric is back in stock! 100% accurate in weave, weight and color to the screen used fabric as shown in the comparison photo and write up here: 70 yards available!

Undyed Inner Tunic Fabric: 100% accurate weave and weight to the real fabric. Just undyed. Only 13 Yards left! Unlike the Outer Tunic fabric, this is dead stock. Once it's gone, it's gone for good!

Last edited:
The Pants fabric, Robe fabric, and a potential for a very limited supply of the Outer Tunic are available! I'm going through my commissioned stock of Outer Tunic fabric to see if there's enough to list on the site and if there is, it will be in a very limited quantity until the new year when I can restock.

20 yards left in stock! Due to the increase in price from my supplier of this material, my prices on this will increase next year. So this is a good time to pick some of this up and save a few bucks.

Only 10 yards of the Outer Tunic fabric left until the new year. The price is also increasing due to my suppliers costs going up.

Any takers? I have a number of the materials left. Robe fabric in two weights, Lambskin Hides for the Leather Tabards, Accurate Pants fabric, Outer Tunic Lining Silk.

I'll be doing a preorder for the OT fabric once I can get enough interested parties who are willing to commit so I can restock it.

If you want to see how my premium textiles match up to the real thing, check here:

I have a PRE-Order set up. I need a minimum of 68 yards sold to set up another order with my supplier. Price has increased to $30.00 a yard due to my supplier costs going up as of January this year. If you want to jump in on the run, please add your name to the list with the Yardage requested, and please remit payment to PayPal address:

payments@threadlair.com

PayPal fees and shipping will be calculated after the material arrives to me for a quality control check. Make sure to add the Yardage purchased and your shipping information are both clearly stated in the notes with your payment.

31 YARD BALANCE DUE:

37 Yards are PAID.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back