Help! Name on my screen used item doesn't match any of the known actresses!!!

What I was trying to get across was that an actress who got married would keep her maiden name (in this case Cseh) for crediting while using her married name on a day-to-day basis (McDonald). Therefore likely that her her costume would be labelled by the name she goes by (McDonald) than the professional pseudonym (Cseh)

Most actresses keep their maiden name for crediting, since it's the name they have been going under - Nicole Kidman did not change to Cruise when they married. Outside of the name they use in screen accreditation, they may well use their married name.

Costumes may also get re-used in all sorts of productions after their primary appearance. What have those costumes been doing for the last 7 years?

Oh I see. : )

Okay that seems to make a bunch of sence.

Let me see if these pics work: 11.jpg SilentHill-Nurse_Comparison.jpg Click on pics to enlarge for detail.

There you can see the screen match! It's a definite match. Unless I'm completely blind... Now the guy who owns that mask in the pic says it belongs to Zsuzsanna Cseh. So in that pic if it's Cseh, which the person that mask was made for, than she also wore my dress.

But I'm thinking the mask he owns has her married name and my dress has her maiden name. Or, like you said, the costume was used again. Most likely in revelations as I can't think of many other films that would have need for such a dress.

Attachments

• Silent-Hill-Screen-Used-Dark-Nurse-Mask-3.jpg
    Silent-Hill-Screen-Used-Dark-Nurse-Mask-3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 673
Last edited:
Okay, I just got a reply from the man on yourpops.com who owns that mask. I can confirm the mask he owns has the name Cseh written on the inside...

So if that really is a screen match. Than that women is wearing a mask that says "Cseh" and a dress that says "McDonald"...

Unless of course the dress was reused for another film or something and Mcdonald was written in later. Or if "Mcdonald" got fired and Cesh took over and they didn't change the name on the dress. Which I've come to understand is very unlikely as far as that last part is concerned as production tends to rewrite the names on the items. Would she really only use her maiden name for the hat but not the dress???

There may be light at the end of the tunnel as I've been talking to someone who knows Paul Jones. (The man behind the Nurse costumes) But as it's been what, 7 years since the film, he might not be able to explain it.

He's the gentleman in the behind-the-scenes video stating he made 20 costumes for 20 actresses. So I'm really crossing my fingers on that.

I also asked Propstore if there was anyway to get in touch with who they received the costume from but no word yet on that. So we'll see.

FYI (yeah, I got sucked into this), her IMDB lists her as Born: Zsuzsanna Klára Cseh November 30 , 1981 in Budapest Hungary, and she apparently was still using her given name in credits through 2010.

Great snag. By far one of my favorite scenes from that movie. Its one of those rare characters that even with a short amount of time or no back story is down right one to remember.

FYI (yeah, I got sucked into this), her IMDB lists her as Born: Zsuzsanna Klára Cseh November 30 , 1981 in Budapest Hungary, and she apparently was still using her given name in credits through 2010.

Hmm,... could that actually support the idea that she had a different last name during those years? She'd be 27-28 in 2010, so what's the chances of her not getting married before that age... Woman are usually younger than men when they get married. But that's not always the case,... lol. I have NO idea what I'm talking about... : )

Still, her having her maiden name on one piece of the costume, and her married name on another makes little sence doesn't it?

Here's what I know for a certainty.

1) The pics on Propstore's website is the EXACT SAME dress they are selling. It's been confirmed.
2) The paint marks/spatter match up with the screen grabs I've posted.
3) The paint marks/spatter are just that,... marks and spatter. I've been told the dress was made from a mold so they'd be essentially be the same as far as the latex itself is concerned. But how could they duplicate paint spatter on multiple costumes?! Could they really use one painted sample as a guide and reduplicate the paint spatter on other costumes? That would take too much time and isn't conceivable.
4) The nurse in my screen matched pics is wearing the mask that is owned by a fellow on Yourprops.com
5) He says the mask was worn by Zsuzsanna Cseh.
6) His mask says "Cseh inside"
7) My dress says "McDonald"
8) The only McDonalds credited on IMDB is a stunt performer and a director of photography. The Director is a woman, The stunt performer is a man
9) The Nurse in the screen matched pics is DEFINITELY a woman!

Confused yet?????? lol

Could a collector who owned the item after the movie was over have written THEIR OWN name inside the dress?! Maybe???

The collector who owns the mask believes it is impossible for the costumes to have been reused for another film, as he says that after filming, all the costumes would have found their way into collectors hands. Silent Hill came out in 2006, so that's about 7 years ago. Doesn't seem likely any of them would have been used again for another production. Especially when Revelations just came out.

Great snag. By far one of my favorite scenes from that movie. Its one of those rare characters that even with a short amount of time or no back story is down right one to remember.

Thanks a lot panda! I've always been a fan of the franchise. Ever since I played the first game on my PS1. The creature design is one of the best elements of the series, and to actually be able to take home a piece of Silent Hill's monster history feels incredible. I just wish there wasn't this big mystery surrounding this piece. I'm paying good money and I kinda want to know what's up...

Last edited:
I think your best best bet, tbh, is John McDonald. He worked as a stunt performer/stand in on both SH movies. You don't know what went on behind the scenes in the movie - cut footage, alternate takes, changing personnel etc. Just because he is credited as a miner doesn't mean he didn't do other stuff, and it isn't unusual for men to double as women and vice-versa. Jennifer Beals' famous dance routine in Flash-dance was performed by a guy!

The problem is, unless you were on the set during the shoot, you may never know. Crazy stuff happens, isn't documented, stuff gets mis-labelled or changed on the fly. There is also the possibility of call-backs - post production reshoots and pick-ups where the original artist isn't available. Could be any number of factors responsible for your mystery. I would be happy to have a very cool screen-matched piece, whoever wore it.

What if the director of photograpy (McDonald) just decided to be in a scene in the film and it really is her costume? Non actors associated with the production do cameos all the time.......

I just wanted to thank all you guys and let you know how much I appreciated the help everyone gave me. I'm not really worried anymore about finding every last minute detail of this piece. As was stated, so many different things could have happened while on set that it's near impossible to know everything. So now the only thing that I feel is utter excitement for this piece.

I would be happy to have a very cool screen-matched piece, whoever wore it.

Agreed Birdie! I already know that this costume is going to hold a special place in my collection for me.

Hi! I just came across this.. I might be able to answer your question if Zsuzsanna wore the dress or mask. Send me the picture and I'll tell ya! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So far this is the only idea that seems to possibly fit. I really don't know what else could be the answer... However my contact on yourprops.com thinks that in this case though they would have still crossed of the old name and put in the new acresses name... sigh...

This is driving me crazy! : ( I'm not sure what the likely hood is of EVER figuring out this mystery.

Interestingly enough I think I might have already figured out who wore the dress. At least I thought I did. Those two production stills I matched my dress up with appear to be the front and back of the same dress. At one point in the behind-scenes video the girl showing the back of the dress turns just enough for you to see her mask. Looks like the same mask in the pic of the girl showing the front of the dress. So in other words, my dress screen matches to the front pic and the back pic, and the front pic and the back pic appear to be wearing the same mask. So hence got to be the same nurse.

Another person on yourprops.com actually owns that mask. He states in it's description that it was worn by Zsuzsanna Cseh. So if Zsuzsanna wore that mask, than I think she must have worn the dress.

Still doesn't answer why it says "Mcdonald" if Cseh wore it. Or why they wouldn't change the name on the inside of the collar to Cseh.

Ugh!! This is going to haunt me forever!!!

Please send or post the picture. Maybe I can help.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back