Anyone have any leads on if the whereabouts of the screen used "The Exorcist" Ouija Board is known?

Odin82

Sr Member
Every couple of years I try and do some google searching to see if anyone knows the location of the screen used Ouija Board. An interesting prop from the film that seems to go completely forgotten. I've always wondered is this in some movie prop museum somewhere in the world, or at worse, still out there in the wild, unknown to whoever has it, and waiting to be discovered.

Would love to know if anyone has any leads as to whether the location of the prop is known. I've had some Ebay saved searches set up over the years, just on the astronomic odds it would pop up.

It seems to be pretty identifiable from the marks on the board. It's a late 60's model I think.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 08.45.41.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 08.46.24.jpg

I believe it is the model that came in these 60s boxes, and not the change of box that came in the 70s.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 08.47.55.jpg

That looks a lot like the version of a ouija board that a particularly generously-sized kid in my neighborhood—whose mouth breathing sounds always preceded his arrival near you by about 45 seconds—carried around for a few weeks, one summer, and asked people if they wanted to communicate with his grandmother.

Of course, he called it his “Oh-Jo-iah Board”…

I remember the creepy front of the box and the fact that the board did not fold.

It definitely appears to be a spot-on match for the screen-used board (the rounded corners of the board and matching artwork and typography):

1EA67578-CA36-4638-9491-BB172ED323D0.jpeg

F7EF9652-80BE-4E64-8A61-138814AD27FD.jpeg

There are quite a few of these on eBay, right now.

Last edited:
As far as potentially tracking down the original in a museum, the only one I know of with original Exorcist material on display is NYC's Museum of the Moving Image (they have the Regan head-spin puppet), so they might be the logical first place to check with.

Of course it's an off-chance, but it always is when you're trying to find one particular piece!

That museum has a great love of screen used puppets, having bought the majority of the Morey Bunin puppets in the mid 90s, among others. Great place to tour.

It definitely appears to be a spot-on match for the screen-used board (the rounded corners of the board and matching artwork and typography):

There are quite a few of these on eBay, right now.

Yeah can usually pick them up for 15 - 20 dollars there. The ones there at the moment are pretty pricey for non-US unfortunately.
I think the 1972 release is an exact match too. But I've seen ones from that year also that just has "Parker Brothers" as the bottom writing, and not including the "SALEM MASS USA", so if anyone is picking one up, keep that in mind.

Given the film started being shot in August 1972, probably more sense that the board was from 72 bought new, given how the scuffing looks pretty brutal between the numbers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back