Hellboy Good Samaritan metal rounds

These look great!

Why not do a counterbore in the end and set a shot gun primer? That would be the ultimate… It certainly looks like a shot gun primer with that flange. Large and small pistol primers press into a straight bore. So no flange on the primer.

hey,
I didn't put a real primer because the movie bullets don't have a real primer, that's the only reason. it would be pretty easy indeed :)

hey there,
I did that today that I thought was cool and am considering adding it to my website as well :)
keychain_01.jpg

keychain_03.jpg

If it helps, I just measured the few bullets I have left and they range from 21.95 to 22.08mm
I have very few left, so if ever I need to make more, I would be interested to know what would fit the sideshow and make the new batch accordingly.
Cheers

I bought some of these off your website, I have a sideshow samaritan from hellboy golden army and they don't fit in it, a bit too big. Great quality, really like them and only bought them to display with the gun anyway. Can send you some dimensions from the sideshow bullet if you want.

I bought some of these off your website, I have a sideshow samaritan from hellboy golden army and they don't fit in it, a bit too big. Great quality, really like them and only bought them to display with the gun anyway. Can send you some dimensions from the sideshow bullet if you want.
thank you for your feedback :)
yes, I would be interested to know the diameter of the sideshow bullets if you don't mind. Also, are the holes in the cylinder perfectly round? If I'm not mistaken, this is a cast so it might be possible as well that this would prevent the bullets to fit I guess.

The cylinder is cast I think, seems a pretty good casting though. The bullets not so good. Dims below for the bullet (hopefully you work in mm!), the dims vary a bit so I have taken best fit. not sure if there would be any difference with the bullets from the sideshow Samaritan prop from the first film.

Attachments

• Bullet Dims.PNG
    Bullet Dims.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 53
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 53
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 54
The cylinder is cast I think, seems a pretty good casting though. The bullets not so good. Dims below for the bullet (hopefully you work in mm!), the dims vary a bit so I have taken best fit. not sure if there would be any difference with the bullets from the sideshow Samaritan prop from the first film.
thank you for the dimensions!
wow! that is very different! I can't believe it took me 2 years to know that those sideshow bullets were that much smaller!
I mean, it says 22mm on the back of the prop, so naturally, both Tip top workshop for his Samaritain and me for my bullets, we went with 22mm diameter :)

so, I'm not sure I'll be able to do anything about this as it would be a completely new object with that much difference. That being said, it looks like the bullets are much smaller than the actual holes in the cylinder and that the body of my bullets actually fit inside, just the lip at the bottom of the casing that is too big. Can you tell me the actual size of lip that would fit in the cylinder please?

Well guys, what I can say is that my bullets are made to fit the Tip top workshop resin Samaritan. that if, in the years to come, i manage to find the time to make my own metal Samaritan version, they will fit as well ;-)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back